Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Sneakers and Pseudo-Sneakers

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I have no idea when it opens.

Can you recommend a few of your standard, sockless summer sneakers? Repeat the name of the one from that summer thread because I forgot what it was called but I liked them.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are super clean
Old 04-21-2006, 01:05 PM

I buy these at walmart for 7.99$, great value, and the style is top-notch.

Alternatively, I wish I could afford these...

Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 PM

No love for New Balance in this thread?
They're fairly popular right now.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of you guys who aren't interested in fashion coming into this thread and posting how you don't care about what a shoe looks like or that you'd never wear any of these? The thread was started under the pretense of being into buying sneakers and discussing brands and styles so you shouldn't be shocked if it's not your thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, to each his own. I do think it's interesting to see what other people wear - clearly there are a lot of different demographics who post here.

ie I would never most of the sneakers posted in here. then again, I dont wear sneakers period. but to each his own.

but, I would like to add a pseudo-sneaker to my shoe line-up. something basic/non flashy I could wear with dark jeans and a polo shirt/short sleeve button down, and not look funny at bar that "doesn't allow sneakers". nothing posted here seems like a great choice for me, so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Avoid the Skechers trap that everyone falls into when looking for a shoe in that category. I think you could go with some very simple Adidas or Pumas with a tasteful color scheme and be fine here. Not all of their shoes are like the ones posted in this thread. Something like this is classic and simple. Some bars will still consider them sneakers though.

You could also go with a pair of Diesels like this one someone posted. Lacoste also makes some good shoes, I'm not sure what your style is but maybe something like this.

There are tons of nice sneakers out there and I think this thread just has a lot of off the wall color combos going on in it that scared everyone.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Lazy Trip Report....

Summary:
*Arrived at Supreme at 5:30 AM, line was 200+
*Doors opened at 10:15 AM
*Finally got into the store around 1:00 PM
*Shoes came to $181 total

Highlights:
*Really hot black girl on the bus at 4:45 AM

*Saw a homeless guy jerking off in a storefront while I was walking from the stop at Hollywood/Fairfax to the Supreme store on Fairfax a couple blocks down.... This was, of course, deeply disturbing and saddening

*Tons of AZNs who felt it would be a good idea to wear their sickest gear so they could stand around for 8 hours. The guy next to me was wearing a $900 outfit, easy.

*A lot of these sneaker freaks know their fashion, but have no sense of style... They all have the sickest, newest, most expensive gear, but they throw it together in outfits that look absolutely horrendous.

*The area around Supreme is super-Jewish, so all day we were fielding questions from old Jewish ladies asking, "What are you waiting for?"

*The highlight of those enounters was an old man actually coming up to me and asking; I replied, "Sneakers, this store Supreme blah blah blah..." and he said, "I remember the bread lines in Russia! I would never figure people would wait in line for shoes in America!"

*LAPD thought it was necessary to send over 4 squad cars and 7 officers to tell us to make sure that the sidewalk was walk-able.

*Met a cool guy named Rod and his girlfriend Nancy and they game me a ride back to SC in their Lexus SUV so I didn't have to take the bus!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate having a size 13 foot, a lot of these types of shoes never freaking fit me

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP to pertain to me. I don't think they look bad (unless maybe you're really short so it looks like you have a gigantic foot?) but I can never find a cool pair of shoes that fits. Sometimes Tsubo fits me - those are pretty sweet. I did find one nice pair of Pumas too - I'll see if I can find a pic.

Edit: Found my Puma Satoris. Not sure if these even count as pseudo-sneakers but they're pretty comfy.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Lazy Trip Report....

My favorite pair

Old 04-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Old 04-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

i love sneakers, if i had the money i would love to have a nice collection of jordans and other sneakers

Old 05-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Friends,

These have just been purchased:

Nike SB Team Edition SNT. Eighty and change.