Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Had to use BR to pay for drunk stupidness, now what?

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, you're an adult in college. Open another checking account, plenty of banks have free checking, and some have special "college student" free checking deals. Its a good thing to learn how to do anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of them even give you a free $20 to sign up.

Greg
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Why do you (egocidal) go back and edit almost every single one of your posts? Additionally you need to stand up to your parents. Your life will be alot better for it.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're a college freshman - two words:

Sperm Bank!

[/ QUOTE ]

Medical stuff can be very profitable.
Donating plasma =$60
Harmless Medical experiments=~$15 an hr
harmless drug testing=$150 a pop.
Potentially hazardous drug testing(please don't do this)=$600+ a pop
Severing your toe and having med students sew it back on to practice = $10K.

I suggest doing #'s 1,2 and 3 and maybe 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you from? In my college town we only get $25 for donating plasma (which I had done alot during my freshmen and sophmore years).
Old 04-19-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, you're an adult in college. Open another checking account, plenty of banks have free checking, and some have special "college student" free checking deals. Its a good thing to learn how to do anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know....I'm being lazy. I suppose since all future transactions and cashouts that I wanted to get would be freaking monitered anyway, this would have to be done. Sigh. Now I have to catch a ride to a branch office close by sometime this week. Any suggestions on bank with good online banking? SoCal if it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, just open a checking account. Most any major bank would be fine for your purposes.

Do your parents watch your checking account because it's some kind of joint thing that they can put money into? If not, I don't understand how they have access to it.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Get your own checking account outside of your parent's control or review.

Jeff
Old 04-19-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get your own checking account outside of your parent's control or review.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

for real. this is what i do
Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 PM

2 words: Crimson Challenge.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you (egocidal) go back and edit almost every single one of your posts? Additionally you need to stand up to your parents. Your life will be alot better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting college paid for is worth keeping your yap shut for three more years.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spelling, clarity errors, etc. I don't know. If I feel it was worded badly I'll change it.

All,

I wrote the above posts last night around 4:30 a.m. I couldn't sleep and was really worried about it for some reason. The insanely obvious answer is to creat a new checking account at another bank and never worry about this sort of thing again, and it is probably what I will do. As to the offers of "what to do for money", i.e, the plasma/sperm banks, I'm not to worried about that. I think I am going to just relax, create the account, and wait until I have enough money to deposit more than a 300BB bankroll so this is never an issue again unless I get trashed and decide I need to hit the guy's windows with a sledgehammer (cost??). I always felt as though I was operating underolled anyway.

I have never used affiliates, or played through players, I never even set up rakeback accounts. I have had offers for that, and will think about it, but I am not sure.

For the guy that wanted the story, it really isn't that exciting:

Being college freshman, options for partying can be limited at times. Pregaming in rooms is standard, I was on the rugby team so the rugby house was another option after a game and on some weekends. However, the season ended, so no more parties. So we decide to do a light beer pong game in one of the rooms, invite some girls over to be our partners, basically a chill night. I end up sucking and losing 4-5 games (which reaaally pissed me off.) Then I had many a spectator beer.

>bad BR management ahead< At this point I will say I went back to my room for a few minutes to print up an essay due the next day in an afternoon class before things got any worse. While I'm printing this beast of a philosophy paper (why are people racist and is it a choice, free will and other things gay and pointless) I decide I will [censored] around at .10/.25 nl, which I have no business playing. I quickly drop 15 bucks, get pissed more.(If you play he 25nl games on Full Tilt, you know how much I suck at NL. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). So my BR being gone wasn't totally car related. That was 30BBs right therre......

Turn off Full Tilt, decide that I want Del Taco. Tell me roomate we are getting food. Now. He just got back to the dorm after a three hour film class, and is up for it. We head out. Parking here (Loyola Marymount) is at a prime. Lot was full. He has THE PERFECT SPOT, literally 10 feet from the dorm, no long walk to the end of the lot. But its early in the morning, we figure no one will take it, we're good. So we are about to get into the car when I see "Steve" driving towards us. Steve is a douche. Steve gets "drunk" with girls while never himself drinking a whole lot and makes moves, is a prick towards everyone, and takes free tokes and never puts in for weed. We don't want him getting the spot, so we, geniuses that we are, decide to hide behind cars until he passes, cause we don't want him to think the spot is open. He passes us, no problem, we get in, and as we leave WE SEE HIM GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LOT. this is important. By the time we get by his car he is 10 feet away fromt he dorm door, so no issue.

Get Del Taco, come back. Its delicious, I got the big soft tacos (steak) and a big burrito (beef). No Del Fire sauce. Come to the spot, Jeff's car is there. Backed in. That son of a bitch BACKED into the spot. He left the dorm, went to his car, moved it, and went back to the dorm. Prick. I do not know why I did it. Seriously. It was stupid. Not even a heavy kick, but he has some weird emo honda that's blue and some crazy fender. Well, I don't like the guy, but I'm not a dick. We go and tell him, [censored] storm, etc.

Long, and not a very good story I am afraid.

edit: I told him we were [censored] with each other in the lot, shoving and dicking around, and accidently hit his car.

As for the parent thing, its simply beyond me. I am certainly not going to stand up to my dad (really its him mostly) and not be able to afford college on my own. I know there are a lot of people out there who did it on there own, but having the choice, would you give up a "free" education just to play micros? I tried explaining everything to him, gave him TOP to look at last summer, to no avail. He simply sees anyone who plays as a gambling addict. He is very politically active (guess which party.) If you want verification, ask Buckmulligan on here. He knows my dad. My dad wrote to his congressmen about banning internet gambling. This is important. These are the people we are up against. Everyone take the time to write to your politicians. They are doing it and we aren't.

edit 2: (this is really pissing off FortFun) yes, the both can deposit money into my checking account. Both of their emails are on the list of where statements are sent, as well as mine. I
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting college paid for is worth keeping your yap shut for three more years.

[/ QUOTE ]