Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Had to use BR to pay for drunk stupidness, now what?

I play .25/.50 limit ,(with frequent ugly stabs at other micros) and as a college freshman I don't really use the money right now for any sort of expenses or spending money (as if I could), rather, as BR start and to gain experience. Well, I [censored]ed up. I got drunk yesterday and while at a party I kicked some kid's front bumper and the entire thing fell off. We looked at it, and after consensus with some non drunk people and my friends who weren't trying to screw me over, I was looking at 150 bucks. This is a little bit more than my BR right now. So I cashed it out to pay for it. (I got lucky and there is a kid I knew who could give me thhat much cash if I transfered him it.) [censored].

On to the problems with redepositing:

Factors:

My checking account is out. Parents watch transactions, and my parents are very anti-gambling, to the extent of my father threatening to stop paying for college if he finds out I have started playing again (he saw a neteller transfer, knows I like poker, he's not an idiot). So of course I operated under the "give cash to some shmoe I know to transfer me money on a site." Worked fine, no problems, but I don't have 150 bucks on me to reload my account now.

I have around 20 in cash and a random 25 dollar American Express gift card. Some uncashed checks lying around too. Not enough to make me comfortable. I don't want to deposit 2 buyins for 25 nl (being just the cash) and pray I don't run bad.

I need to build my BR up stat. I for some reason have 1.23 in my Full Tilt account, but can't do anything with it really, minimum buy in is 2.50 at the limit tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Not that that was really any option though.

Other options include playing pokerroom freerolls twice daily (ugh), final table pays out from 10-70 for first.

So, in conclusion, IR BUSTO but for the "wrong" reasons. And now I am in a quandry. If anyone can think of a good way to get money in there once I get around 150ish, that would be great. I have thought about just waiting until the summer to get back home and use some of my friends that will do it, while just rereading TOP and posting in the micros to keep me fresh.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Had to use BR to pay for drunk stupidness, now what?

so would 'getting a job' be out of the question???
Old 04-19-2006, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so would 'getting a job' be out of the question???

[/ QUOTE ]

No. In fact, this summer I am working in a factory, which sucks but is goot pay. But if I earn money, they send it to me...thats right, into a checking account. Checking account is out. I don't thiink I am desperate enough to create a second checking account at a different bank. Or am I....
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 AM

You are in college and you can't take any money out of your own checking account without mom and dad noticing?

How do you go on dates? Or have money to get drunk? Or anything?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are in college and you can't take any money out of your own checking account without mom and dad noticing?

How do you go on dates? Or have money to get drunk? Or anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I didn't make it clear in OP, they don't like me taking money out for transfers to neteller, gambling sites, etc, because they hate gambling. This has absolutely nothing to do with me taking cash out, say to go on a date. I know what you are thinking, "why not just take out what's left and give it to someone to transfer" but the answer is that the balance is low as I haven't worked all school year, and I do need money for other things, for example, getting drunk. Plus I just don't want to do this with all my remaining cash in there. That's how low it is.

I don't know, maybe I am making this too complicated, and should just chill out for a while. This happened like yesterday, so my mind is still a little panicky I guess.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 AM

So the problem is you don't have enough money? Because it seems that the previous poster's suggestion of giving the money to some other guy who then transfers it to your Neteller account is a very good one.

So how do people get 150$ in real life anyway? Does this really belong to a poker forum? You should try OOT.

EDIT: Oops, "the previous poster" was you yourself. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that earning 150$ through some other method than poker belongs to OOT in my opinion. No offense. And is it really that hard to get that sum from somewhere?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the problem is you don't have enough money? Because it seems that the previous poster's suggestion of giving the money to some other guy who then transfers it to your Neteller account is a very good one.

So how do people get 150$ in real life anyway? Does this really belong to a poker forum? You should try OOT.

EDIT: Oops, "the previous poster" was you yourself. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that earning 150$ through some other method than poker belongs to OOT in my opinion. No offense. And is it really that hard to get that sum from somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not about earning $$$ really. I can probably scratch up, say 100+ withinn a week if I cash those uncashed checks, play in some crappy dorm game, etc. The question is with the methhod of transfer, Thats why its in internet, not OOT. No Poker in OOT. See that * under my title? Don't want another one.

To answer your question, there are 0 people I know here with a neteller account. I could try to convince someone to create one I guess. It just sucks having to go to all these lengths simply to bypass parents, its so extremely childish and embarrasing.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:41 AM

Umm, you're an adult in college. Open another checking account, plenty of banks have free checking, and some have special "college student" free checking deals. Its a good thing to learn how to do anyway.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, you're an adult in college. Open another checking account, plenty of banks have free checking, and some have special "college student" free checking deals. Its a good thing to learn how to do anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know....I'm being lazy. I suppose since all future transactions and cashouts that I wanted to get would be freaking monitered anyway, this would have to be done. Sigh. Now I have to catch a ride to a branch office close by sometime this week. Any suggestions on bank with good online banking? SoCal if it matters.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I do need money for other things, for example, getting drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like getting drunk is running at $20 for beer and $150 for damage, so maybe you need a new vice.