Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Strangly played QQ agaisnt a set miner.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That punish river bet by villain looks like he's trying to get some value from his top pair. I have to believe he would bet a set stronger here. I like the river raise and folding to re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact thoughts

[/ QUOTE ]

if his stats are correct, he doesn't call a PF raise OOP with a TP kind of hand, and he'll prob fold to the river raise anyway
Old 04-17-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he's betting his top pair for value, do you think he would call the river raise or fold to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I had no idea, however I did feel there was a good enough chance that I could raise for value. Another thought that went into my mind was that since the villian looks to be pretty weak tight he might choose not to go all in with a set because of the possible straight on the river. This was about 25 hands into my session and I had been playign pretty lag preflop up until then.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That punish river bet by villain looks like he's trying to get some value from his top pair. I have to believe he would bet a set stronger here. I like the river raise and folding to re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My exact thoughts

[/ QUOTE ]

if his stats are correct, he doesn't call a PF raise OOP with a TP kind of hand, and he'll prob fold to the river raise anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

"8/2 over not too many hands, if I had to guess..." Is not a very strong read.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If he's betting his top pair for value, do you think he would call the river raise or fold to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I had no idea, however I did feel there was a good enough chance that I could raise for value. Another thought that went into my mind was that since the villian looks to be pretty weak tight he might choose not to go all in with a set because of the possible straight on the river. This was about 25 hands into my session and I had been playign pretty lag preflop up until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was scared with a set, imagine how he feels with 1 pair??!?!?!?

even more reason to surely not raise river?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not nessisarily true. Just because someone wont re-raise without the absolute nuts in this situation, doesnt mean they wont call a smallish raise with an O.K. hand.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not nessisarily true. Just because someone wont re-raise without the absolute nuts in this situation, doesnt mean they wont call a smallish raise with an O.K. hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, anything can happen. But more likely than not he folds anything you beat, and calls with anything that beats you. Especially if your read is "probably tight, maybe set-miner".
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Results

SB thought for about 10 seconds and called with QhJh. MHIG.