Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: I Fold QQ pf

UTG raises AK, AQ, KQ, AJs, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT.
UTG+1 reraises AK AQs AA KK QQ JJ TT.
SB caps with A3s-AQs, AK, AA, QQ, JJ TT.

These estimates are narrow too. I think when you broaden them the call becomes mandatory.

I think given even this small range you can call 3 bets and your hand is good unimproved if an A or a K don't hit the board on any street. You are only behind to AA and KK at this moment in time, and there is no saying that just because it has been capped that either of these hands are out there. I could see a line like this.

UTG raises KQs. UTG+1 reraises JJ. SB caps AKs. I like my queens. I like them alot. They will often win unimpoved here. Of course the texture of the flop will greatly help my decision making process as well as the betting patterns.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 table on Absolute. On average 3 players to the flop. Game is fairly tight

[/ QUOTE ]

Three players to the flop is a loose game on Absolute.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you would be correct to call 3 cold with any PP in this situation... is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me math please. This sounds off to me.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:31 PM

atleast see the flop
Old 04-13-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you would be correct to call 3 cold with any PP in this situation... is that correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh I dunno about this. A set is a set, but set-over-set, especially in this circumstance when lots of people are in and some pairs are likely out there, is costly when it happens, and more likely with 22 than QQ. Hands like 99-JJ are well within the range of the raisers, even 88...the CC could well have any pair. Given that, having QQ instead of 55 makes a difference. When you do lose set over set, you lose a lot.

Pstoving, QQ has 26% equity (being a little loose, capper has JJ/AKo/s for example), 55 has 17%...blah, but that doesn't tell us how much more often 55 loses at set over set.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but that doesn't tell us how much more often 55 loses at set over set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or dumb ass one card flushes and straights and [censored]. I really don't think calling with any pair for set value is right at all.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 PM

Don't forget about the guy who cold-called 3 (he wasn't some LAG, but a solid player). Then the thinking player in SB capped after seeing him cold call 3.

One more comment, in the 2 hours or so I had been at the table the pf action had been pretty minimal. A lot of unraised flops, and seldom a 3-bet before the flop. Needless to say, when everyone woke up on this hand I felt very certain that I was behind (like I said roughly 90% certain or so to a bigger pair).

So the question becomes is it worth calling 3 cold to make a set. I think I lose too much even on favorable flops here against a higher pair to play when I miss the set on the flop (I think). I think at this table I would have been correct to call the flop and try to hit a set. They were calling down too much some times and I'm pretty sure I would have made up the bets in this case. It is a "high variance" call but probably a profitable one in this case (especially if no A or K comes with the Q).
Old 04-13-2006, 03:58 PM

Goes to show how small an edge you actually have in this game. If hero held JJ or TT I'd probably say fold, if hero held KK I think we'd all say to call. QQ is right in the middle. I couldn't fold it myself, but I understand why hero did given his reads on the other players in the hand and all that action. Only two hands have hero beat, and most times the flop will be very favorable. If it had not been capped by the time it was hero's turn to act, is it correct for hero to cap with QQ? Probably, so doesn't that mean he has to call? Again, I wouldn't fold, but for those that think calling with any PP is correct, I disagree with that. I'd probably fold TT and JJ here. QQ just makes the cut to see a flop IMHO.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM

This is how it went down,
UTG+1, "Hmmm I havent played a few hands in a while, lets raise 89o !!!"
UTG+2, "Wow, that Tighty just raised, ill use this isolation idea i read on "BLUFF".
MP "ZOMG IM A 60/0/.2 MUST PLAY ANY 2!!!!11"
SB " Hmmmm, I heard QJs Is good multi way, Ill cap it for value.
HERO " EVERYONE WATCH THIS SICK LAY DOWN, IM SOOOO GOOT I EVEN OUTPLAY MYSELF!!!"

-Anqew
Old 04-13-2006, 05:37 PM

dan harrington once played his QQ vs 3 AK and took down everything. i support his decisions