Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Donking KK UTG

[ QUOTE ]
I push the turn. And make it t2400 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Or at least 2000 PF. I guess that's table dependent though, you isolated so I guess it was enough.

I'd be very happy to take down the pot on the turn, and even if he calls and somehow has you beat, you still have a good redraw.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KK or AA usually you will win a small pot or lose a big one. Bigger bet preflop is the only good idea. I wouldnt call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
The quote from Brunson is you "win a big pot or lose a big pot" with big pairs. He said you "win a small pot or lose a big pot" with trouble hands like AJo.

There is 40K in the pot and hero has 16K left, so you are getting 7-2 pot odds to call on the river. I think there is enough chance villain has top pair or a busted draw or something to call. I can't believe all these weak/tight people saying fold because your tournament life is at stake or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 PM

Agree with others.
Push the turn
I would also bet more bf -about 2400
Old 04-10-2006, 03:11 PM

Betgo,

I can definetely see an argument for calling. Against many opponents I would interpret his line as a busted draw. My folding was a basically read dependent. I played with him for a couple of hours and I hadn't seen villian put lots of chips in wrecklessly and he had also seen me make two calls on big river bets like his against other oponents who I caught on busted draws. Of course he COULD have been putting a move on, which is why I should have pushed the turn. If he had me beat then I hit the ace of hearts on the river and double up.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo,

I can definetely see an argument for calling. Against many opponents I would interpret his line as a busted draw. My folding was a basically read dependent. I played with him for a couple of hours and I hadn't seen villian put lots of chips in wrecklessly and he had also seen me make two calls on big river bets like his against other oponents who I caught on busted draws. Of course he COULD have been putting a move on, which is why I should have pushed the turn. If he had me beat then I hit the ace of hearts on the river and double up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he wasn't making a move, he could think he was ahead with top pair or a lower over pair. I wouldn't give 7-2 that KK is behind.

With an overpair and a flush draw, you definately should have pushed the turn.