Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Anyone check out The Venetian yet?

52s,

Are you sure? I haven't been there yet, but the 2 of 2 people I know working there are from outside Venetian. I guess only one is break-in.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
52s,

Are you sure? I haven't been there yet, but the 2 of 2 people I know working there are from outside Venetian. I guess only one is break-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I remember, all the floor staff and above minus 1 or 2 are all from elsewhere, but most of the dealers were to be venetian transfers.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:54 PM

OK, that makes sense. One of them is a floor from outside and the other is a break-in dealer from outside. Guess she was just one of the few.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:51 PM

The only internal transfer that's floor and above is Lee Vinocur, the Room Manager. He came from the pit, where he was a manager as well.

They had the dealers split into two groups during the week of training and all I know from that is my group had one lone outside person that was a break-in, all the other break-ins were internal transfers.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:06 PM

I have been playing there for the past 2 nights. Twice they failed at getting a $5-10NlHE game. Both nights they had up to 5 $2-5NLHE games going. Mostly $4-8 on the limit games. Did see a $9-18 games Thursday night. At 5:30AM they still had 3 $2-5 games going. The dealers there are very bad with a couple of exceptions. Most lack confidence. Saw one dealer that came to my table twice that could not stop shaking. Alot of the floor people (at least on graveyard) seem to have come from pit positions. Saw 2 different graveyard floors tell a dealer to lammer up the rack so the floor could count it.

Right now the lowest NLHE game is the $2-5 with buyin from $100-500. This is good because it forces all the newbies into the $2-5 games. I hope it stays that way.

The poker menu is a joke. There is a $14 hotdog and a $16 hamburger. They also have 4 [censored] box lunches for $22 each. I have yet to see anyone order off this menu. Everyone orders from the Grand Lux Cafe where the prices are better and there is much more to choose from. So far the floor people have been happy to send someone to pick up the food from Grand Lux for you.

The $2-5 games have been ok. Nothing spectacular. I will be going there again tonight(friday) to see what the weekend traffic is like. Hoping that once the club upstairs closes the a few of the drunks will wonder in. I will let you all know what its like.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of the floor people (at least on graveyard) seem to have come from pit positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

The supervisor and one floor is from Foxwoods, another floor from Washington, another from California, and the fourth floor... I honestly don't know, but the whole overnight crew as a whole have been in poker/playing poker for quite some time.

Last night we had about 15 games going at 3am, including a 5/10 with Shannon Elizabeth and Antonio on it. 6 or 7 games made it all the way through to 6am. 4 games (2 2/5nl and 2 4/8) going strong made it all the way through the night and still going in the early morning hours (9am-ish) when I left.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the fourth floor... I honestly don't know

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are referring to Lisa...she came from the Aladdin and definately knows her stuff.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:39 PM

Lisa's not overnight, she's swing.

The overnight I don't know about is Rich. Julien (Washington cardroom), Steve (California cardroom), Joe (Foxwoods) are the other floors. Tom Young (Foxwoods) is the overnight supervisor.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:45 PM

[
If you are referring to Lisa...she came from the Aladdin and definately knows her stuff. [/quote

Photoc,
I remember Lisa from the Al --- yes very good
Old 04-09-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lisa's not overnight, she's swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't swing considered "overnight" here in Vegas? They do start at most places at 8pm and work "overnight" into the next day at 4am. That's where you lost me. You should have said "grave" shift and then it would have been more clear. But now I know what you meant...no worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]