Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Sniffing out the bigger flush

As of late, i've run into larger flushes (my 89s runs into an Kxs or Axs) situations like that... with only the 3 flush cards on the board...

and i was wondering if there are any clues to "reading" the higher flush... or is it one of those hands that you're doomed to lose in small stakes NL...

I guess the situation doesnt come up often enough to really be a problem but I'd still like to know if there are any common indicators that i'm missing...
Old 04-28-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Sniffing out the bigger flush

I think if you go broke every time you have a smaller flush, you're doing just fine. Just chalk it up to variance, absent a superspecific read developed over thousands of hands.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 AM

never posted the results, but here's a recent post I made about 2 flopped flushes I had that lost to higher flopped flushes - in the same session - ugh!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=9#Post5577914
Old 04-29-2006, 01:20 AM

Flush over flush is hella more common than people seem to be making it out to be. Only experience can teach u when its time to just call a river bet instead of coming over the top when you think he has a higher flush.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 AM

Texture of the flop, his line.. and have position when you play 89s. This makes the decison so much easier.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:05 AM

Maybe your problem is that you like playing small suited hands too much. With that I think it can become a dangerous thing, specially because people at SSNL playe a LOT of suited crap, so you can find T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] against 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

With this, I think best is to push to the max every flush you make. If not you are losing a lot of value from them. Of course always with common sense.

regards,

dardo
Old 04-29-2006, 12:29 PM

Probably any 3 card flush over 10 high, I'm getting stacked on. If there is NO other possible holding for villian and my flush is 5-6 high... I might dump one in 10 with a good read... to extreme aggression(it doesn't come up). Monotone flops, and four flush boards are a different matter. Not hard to get a read.

Playing low non-connected suited junk oop is how you lose flush over flush. If you suspect there is another flush out and yours is low, take a less aggressive line vs blindly pushing.

Mike