Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 PM

Default For SSNLers that don\'t read MSNL

AJFenix, recently upgraded to mod status [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], posted this gem last night.

Read Me
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: For SSNLers that don\'t read MSNL

reading so far and it is gold - i'm loving it.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 PM

good look, but please every keep this in mind so you don't bury yourselves (at other 2+2'ers detriment)

[ QUOTE ]
It's also good to think about why so many MSNL players do not reraise lightly. One reason is that we're used to playing against SSNL players who are too passive for their own good, who are not raising lightly. It doesn't make sense to open up your reraising range against someone who is only raising JJ+ and AK, and who will not fold to a reraise. When someone raises with A8, 55, and T9, then you can profitably reraise with many more hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good look, but please every keep this in mind so you don't bury yourselves (at other 2+2'ers detriment)

[ QUOTE ]
It's also good to think about why so many MSNL players do not reraise lightly. One reason is that we're used to playing against SSNL players who are too passive for their own good, who are not raising lightly. It doesn't make sense to open up your reraising range against someone who is only raising JJ+ and AK, and who will not fold to a reraise. When someone raises with A8, 55, and T9, then you can profitably reraise with many more hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.. just curious - have you posted exactly what you just said with the exact same quote before?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM

Read it this morning - Baluga linked it in dbitels preflop reraise thread. Great post, basically where I'm trying to go with my game, but having a hard time getting there. You could add coming over the top on the flop to that list too.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM

Awesome post, not done yet. I like this part, it's makes me think...

[ QUOTE ]
As far as calling, with clunkier hands like KQ/AJ you will often be folding the best hand when you miss (which will be most of the time), and even when you do get a favorable top pair flop, you will often be unsure of your hand if you are facing a lot of pressure in certain spots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read it this morning - Baluga linked it in dbitels preflop reraise thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah... As I began to read it I instantly remembered dbitels post and thought that he should read it...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read it this morning - Baluga linked it in dbitels preflop reraise thread. Great post, basically where I'm trying to go with my game, but having a hard time getting there. You could add coming over the top on the flop to that list too.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooops, didn't know it had all ready been linked. Either way its a nice addition to a lot of the preflop discussion recently in SSNL.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 PM

Just to reiterate:

Don't go crazy with this stuff at SSNL. You're going to get yourselves into a lot of trouble against the typical SSNL player. Keep it in mind for when you move up but please don't start reraising with 56s in your 25NL game.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ooops, didn't know it had all ready been linked. Either way its a nice addition to a lot of the preflop discussion recently in SSNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need for the oops. Should be required reading. Of course now I'll have to put up with a bunch of jackasses reraising preflop and firing the second barrel at me at the Party 25 & 50NL games.