Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Brewers v. Cubs?

Does anyone like the Brewers today at +131? I know that Maddox is obviously pitching outstanding, but Bush isn't throwing too badly as proven in his shutout V. Reds and the Cubs are sort of banged up these days. I figure maybe Maddox will be flustered a bit by the opportunity to go 5-0 and that Bush will continue to throw well. The Brewers were able to hit him last year... I'm not sure if there is +ev here or not. Just thinking they are maybe overvaluing Maddox alittle bit.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Brewers v. Cubs?

I haven't handicapped the game, but Maddux has been said to have gone through a rigorous off season to get himself into superb shape. I doubt he will keep up a season long 0.99 ERA, but he has looked awesonme so far, his ball has been moving to both sides of the plate quite well.

I have to diagree with your point about him being 'flustered' at trying to go to 5-0. What is so special about 5-0 that would make Greg Maddux nervous? He has 322 lifetime wins.

If he goes 5-0 will he get even more nervous at 6-0? If he is 9-0 does he completely fall apart trying for number 10?

I'm not advising a play on one side or the other, I'm just disagreeing with the logic presented to make a case against.

Good luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:57 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

i remember making a mental note last night to bet the brewers, then forgetting about it this morning. one unit saved.

if you have better information than the betting public about whether the cubs are going to start blanco and neifi in the same lineup, this could be very useful for the rest of the series. how does this team score any runs?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't handicapped the game, but Maddux has been said to have gone through a rigorous off season to get himself into superb shape. I doubt he will keep up a season long 0.99 ERA, but he has looked awesonme so far, his ball has been moving to both sides of the plate quite well.

I have to diagree with your point about him being 'flustered' at trying to go to 5-0. What is so special about 5-0 that would make Greg Maddux nervous? He has 322 lifetime wins.

If he goes 5-0 will he get even more nervous at 6-0? If he is 9-0 does he completely fall apart trying for number 10?

I'm not advising a play on one side or the other, I'm just disagreeing with the logic presented to make a case against.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got home, fired up the computer and responded here before I realized the game had already gone off, D-OH.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Don't bet against the Mad Dog.... yet. I like which ever game Doug Davis throws because he absolutely owns the Cubs and could easily bounce back against them and will probably be a decent dog.