Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM

Default ok, this one is a little tougher

Sorry for all the posts, but I don't think just responding is helping me enough. I still feel lost. I feel like I maybe 3betting the flop too often. How's my line?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.45
UTG+1: $36.15
hero: $65.35
MP2: $20.55
MP3: $57.90
CO: $17.50
Button: $46.80
SB: $47.15
BB: $44.80

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1.5</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $18.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $16</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($51.75, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $51.75)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51.75, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $51.75)

Results:
Final pot: $51.75
Old 04-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: ok, this one is a little tougher

With his stack size, you played this fine. If he was deeper it would be harder/more interesting.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM

I honestly don't think this is a great flop for your hand if you are getting action. But it would depend on read of villian. Against some I don't mind getting all in here.

But if I am going to get it all in, I'm not sure if 3 betting is the best, it has the possibility of getting called only by hands that crush you. I prob just call and reevaluate on turn.

edited to say that I didn't see stack sizes. Yes I prob get it all in, fold mb if appropriate read on villian.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM

i dont see any problems with this hand - if had TT, AK or QJ then it's just a tough beat.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM

Looks fine. Your other option is to fold, calling is horrible given the board and stacks. Your hand is weakish but you can't wait for the nuts when he's probably stacking off with AJ/AQ.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't think this is a great flop for your hand if you are getting action. But it would depend on read of villian. Against some I don't mind getting all in here.

But if I am going to get it all in, I'm not sure if 3 betting is the best, it has the possibility of getting called only by hands that crush you. I prob just call and reevaluate on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

villian is a severe shortstack - he's going to get it in there eventually.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 PM

It depends, but he's a shortstack, so I think his Ax is no good.

You know you're gonna go all-in anyway with his stack, so might as well do it on the flop.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you are right I edited my post, didn't see stack sizes. What do you do if we are 100BB deep?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your other option is to fold, calling is horrible given the board and stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling the initial raise is horrible? Folding is tough, I was pretty sure that he would likely fold to my 3bet, or go all in. Was the reraise the right amount?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you are right I edited my post, didn't see stack sizes. What do you do if we are 100BB deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i dont comment on hands that require thinking, or else i'd be sending poor fools off to bustoland [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

if he had 100bb behind him i'd call and reevaluate.