Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 PM

Default AK partially in, call with stack?

Read is that villain with a bigger stack seems very aggressive and perhaps a little wild, but this is one of my first hands after sitting down. (this changes later to very passive but extremely aggressive with monsters)...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($5)
MP ($23.70)
<font color="#C00000">CO ($25.69)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($7.86)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($38.61)</font>
BB ($19.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.9</font>, Button calls $7.86 (All-In), Hero (poster) calls $7.76, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $24.79 (All-In), Hero calls $17.83.

Flop: ($59.74) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($59.74) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($59.74) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $59.74

Can I make this call with regularity? Note, I wouldn't do this if someone just pushed in front of me with a full stack. I figured because I was partially in, that I should probably dive in. Mistake? Should I even fold to the first pusher?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: AK partially in, call with stack?

I would definitely make this call in a 6-handed game especially at the 25NL level. The thing is that the CO is probably trying to isolate himself against the shorstacks allin. The CO likely assumes the shortstack is weak... which he probably is. this means that the CO could be pushing with something as weak as aq or tens. I like this call alot though u r obviously a tremendous underdog if the CO has aa or kk.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 PM

i dont play 6 max often but my feeling is that this drawing hand is not one we need to call buttons push with. id rather have SC for this type of call. and you are not already in the hand. you are invested for a quarter so the pots giving you about 9-8. i do not like. esp since if CO calls now there is 24ish in the pot and we will be getting good odds to call when we hit a TPTK and it is no good so i do not like playing this hand for a big bet unless i am the one making the bet. maybe at 6 max this can be profitable more often then in full ring although id find that hard to believe esp being OOP. just my 2 cents
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM

I don't like your smooth call of shortie here, I think if you want to play you should push or fold to isolate shortie. With CO already in I lean towards folding. I think you can find a much more +EV situation to get all your chips in the middle than this one.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 PM

push pf to isolate.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Yea I feel like I made a mistake calling. I think that I thought it would be folded around anyways, and I shouldn't be making assumptions like that.