Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 AM

Default 100NL AK hand

No real reads other than I've been preddy agressive.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($114.70)
Hero ($107.10)
Button ($119.34)
SB ($58.72)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($36.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?[/color
Old 04-27-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: 100NL AK hand

I usually bet here, even if you have been aggressive. You should still have fold eq. against his hand (which looks to be weak)

Your straight and flush outs are very well disguised and if he check/calls the turn, he'll have a hard time getting away if you do hit on the river.

I like betting ~$22. If he raises all-in -- that sucks, and you must fold. But most people are donkeys and min-raise (as he already has done!) or raise so little that you can easily see a river.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 AM

I think that pretty often, especially with the image you say you have, you'll see hands like AT or as weak as 88 or 99 making this play. However, with the gazillion outs you just picked up, I'd hate to get check/raised here and have to give up this pot without taking the free card.

Here, I think, are the benefits of the free card.

1) Betting the turn gives villain the opportunity to take the pot away from you.

2) If villain has a hand which he will fold to a bet on the turn, he will fold to a bet on the river. So you can either bet the turn and get him to fold some times and get check/raised others and have to give up the pot, or you can check behind and bet the river, where he will fold the same number of times as on the turn, but where some of the time you'll hit one of your many outs and stack villain in those cases where he would have check/raised you on the turn.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:09 AM

I bet here. What would he checkraise with twice? I think he just tried to steal the pot on the flop and then gave up once you called. Plus you have a gazillion outs.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:11 AM

He probably has a strong draw (KJ, J9) or a Q with a kicker his unsure of. If he can lay top pair down i would bet 1/2 the pot on the turn and PSB on a safe river (or one that completes my draw). But against an unknown i would take the free card and bet/raise an good rivercard.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Betting the turn gives villain the opportunity to take the pot away from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the risk is worth taking compared to the chance of winning the pot now. Also see what I wrote in my first reply about him probably not check/raising so much that we can't call.

[ QUOTE ]

2) If villain has a hand which he will fold to a bet on the turn, he will fold to a bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily true. A river bet after checking the turn really looks a lot more like a bluff. He's also much more likely to look you up on the river for a single bet more with say AT or 99 when he knows he can't be facing anymore action. If he calls the turn he should know that he could potentially be playing for his stack.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:18 AM

I'd push.