Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $53.80
HERO: $98.50
SB: $66.25
BB: $16.30

Pre-flop: (4 players) HERO is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, HERO calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, HERO checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, HERO calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($21, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="green"> HERO ............ </font>
Old 04-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: $100NL - J8s

Can you bluff him off the split?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:57 PM

First, I don't like the limp with J8s here. Either raise or fold this. Next, bet the flop. Why are you slow playing here? You're last to act. Get the money in now. Third, raise more on the turn. Min-raises suck. On the river, I check behind.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:59 PM

I raise PF and bet the flop.

Raise more on the turn

As played, easy check, at best you are splitting IMO
Old 04-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Hero checks, the other person could definitely be sandbagging and that scare card....not many hands are going to pay you off. I'm tempted to reraise the turn, but maybe that's because I saw the second ace come up...you checked the flop, so maybe he'll pay you off there.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:10 PM

Absolutly no reason to limp this hand. UTG limped indicating a really strong hand hoping for a raise, or a fish. Thats a decision you need to make, raise or fold.

Secondly, bet the flop. If no one has a hand,they're gonna fold anyway. All your doing is giving someone a chance to draw out on you. I can understand slowplaying a monster hand if your in early position, hoping to c/r someone taking a stab at it. But, your last to act, and your hand is far from a monster.

Third, the mini raise. IMO mini raises should be left to the fish. They absolutly love to do it at these stakes and it ridiculous how often this indicates a very strong hand. If your gonna raise it up, then raise it up. Dont guppy raise.

I think you have to check behind on the river here. Too many people at ssnl will play almost any ace with the hopes of hitting a hand just like this one.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, I don't like the limp with J8s here. Either raise or fold this. Next, bet the flop. Why are you slow playing here? You're last to act. Get the money in now. Third, raise more on the turn. Min-raises suck. On the river, I check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice - Me too
Old 04-26-2006, 03:12 PM

OP - What is your reasoning for just calling the turn raise?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:13 PM

Raise pf, don't limp on the button and create a family 4 wyas ot where we need trips to win- and then not bet them. bet flop, raise more on turn. i think i check the river but i bet that's wrong.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Preflop: I think limping or raising here is OK. Sometimes I raise this, sometimes I limp. I'm probably raising this 60% of the time and limping the rest.

Flop: Had I raised preflop then I certainly bet this flop. However, this board contains no draws and nobody showed strength preflop. Betting here is probably going to earn me less than checking and letting someone catch up.

Turn: Perfect card. This catches some people up and actually gives me outs against a better Jack. UTG bets weakly, so he probably has nothing. I want more money in the pot, but I don't want to shut out SB or BB if they hold an Ace. Minraises suck, but I think this is a good spot. SB reraises. Crap. I'm probably behind a better jack, but I have outs.

River: Interesting. He puts me on Ax and his Jx isn't looking so good. HERO bets the pot and will fold to a raise.

Good???