Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Free Stuff (Poll Included) :

I remember once when I was a kid I got this crappy book called shenanigans. It was all about stuff you can do as a kid to be sneaky. Really crappy. Anyway it talked about writing to Baskin & Robins saying you dropped your ice cream cone and they'd send you free coupons. Now this got me thinking (12 years later) (yeah I'm slow). I mean, could I do this for a bunch of stuff? Just write the company, make up some random story, and they'll send me something? Do you think this would work? What about writing in with a fake complaint? Say I write to subway and tell them that I really like their food, but one day I went and there was a hair in my sub, and the lady barely even apologized. I heard if you write to a tobacco company they'll send you a free pack of smokes.

Has anyone ever done this? What should I say to these companies, if I do write to them? Am I just wasting postage and or space on this planet?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Free Stuff (Poll Included) :

yes, you can get a lot of free stuff in this method, but.. come on man..
Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 AM

Is it low class / poor form? What do I tell them? Should I post a trip report?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:47 AM

4/26/2006

To Whom it May Concern:

Yesterday, I ate lunch - as I often do - at a Subway on 5th & Main. I was absolutely shocked to find a piece of hair in my
Six Inch Italian BMT. I am a regular customer, and I'm happy to spend my money with your company, but this is inexcusable.
So, I attempted to return my sandwich to the woman behind the counter, and she rolled her eyes at me, and grudingly made me another.
Certainly, this is no way for a regular customer to be treated! Its not like it was my hair - it was red, and I'm a natural blonde!
Kidding aside, I was quite disappointed in the level of service I received, and I may never return to that particular Subway location.
Yes, I do understand that mistakes do happen; I just wanted to inform you of the customer service problem I encountered.

Sincerely,

PIFG