Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 AM

Default People who have closed party accounts and reopened

Has anyone had problems with this?

I was planning on closing mine soon then reopening a couple days later... any things i might have to do to make sure that this works out fine?? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: People who have closed party accounts and reopened

I had no problem doing this. All I did was e-mail them and tell them to close my account, and then a few days later reopened another one. I even used the same Neteller account. At first it wouldn't let me deposit because it kept saying my Neteller account was already in use, or something. So I e-mailed support and told them I wanted to link Neteller to my new account, and then it started working.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 AM

OK - I will bite...WHY?

Sorry...I thought you meant the same account
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM

Probably for rakeback.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no problem doing this. All I did was e-mail them and tell them to close my account, and then a few days later reopened another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, did you give them a reason for closing it or just straight asked them to close it?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 PM

I said that their customer service sucks, but if I start seeing reviews to the contrary on I will reopen. I expect to reopen my account in 2009.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said that their customer service sucks, but if I start seeing reviews to the contrary on I will reopen. I expect to reopen my account in 2009.

[/ QUOTE ]

How recently did you do this? I tried this following the "advice" of some notable "organization" back in October and never did work. Party kept telling me I was only allowed one account, even though it was confirmed my account was closed. I never could re-open another one using my current info, like I was told I could.

I never did feel comfortable using other info to open another account, and with recent problems of multiple accounts, I sure don't now...I feel like a sucker though missing out on...well "you know".
Old 04-25-2006, 04:05 PM

hmmm, I think it just depends on who you get at CS. I closed and reopen my old party account. It had been dormant for like 4 months though. Actually this is not what I did, I opened up a new account with all the same info. SO i had 2 accounts. Then party called me and asked me which one I wanted them to close.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:14 PM

i closed, then opened a new one, then got a call asking which one i wanted to keep. all was fine.

until a few days later somebody else caught it. i said i wouldn't play on my old account.
they said they'd look into it.

couple days later they said they couldn't allow it. they closed my new one and made me go back to the old one (which they re-opened).

I haven't bothered closing the old one again

I too feel like an idiot for not doing it earlier.

I think they caught it because of the volume of play on my old account that I had closed.

I haven't re-closed the old account again yet. I'll wait for the next VIP bonus...and when I deem that to likely not be worth my time then I'll close it again.
Perhaps will try again a few months down the road.

I didn't post about this stuff before because I was mildly concerned with party seeing it. But now I think my name or account has been flagged already and I really don't care anymore.

I wouldn't mind being able to play at Party again. But I'm not going to do it unless I can get a new account (barring an unbeliebeable VIP promo in the near future that just blows me away...not unlike the December Party-cruise promo).
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM

Party's policy toward rakeback is silly. They can have 70% of the thousands in rake MicroBob generates every month or they can have 100% of $0. They chose 100% of $0. Smart.