Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 AM

Default What HUD stats do you guys display for SH NL?

I'm new to SH and have noticed that a lot of my FR stats are virtually useless at SH. I've also rediscovered my passion for poker as these games are fun! I highly recommend SH to anyone who is sick of poker and grinding it out at the boring FR games.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:27 AM

Default Re: What HUD stats do you guys display for SH NL?

VPIP
Preflop Raise %
Postflop Agg
# Hands on that person
Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 AM

as above + Went to Showdown% and Won at Showdown %

The better to spot calling stations, weak-tighties and showdown muppets.

Of course on sites that PAHUD supports you can have a whole raft of other stats until your screen lights up like a Xmas tree - I have bets/fold/raises on each street, check-raise% and the aggression frequency stats as well as stats for blind steals etc..when I can be bothered.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as above + Went to Showdown% and Won at Showdown %

The better to spot calling stations, weak-tighties and showdown muppets.

Of course on sites that PAHUD supports you can have a whole raft of other stats until your screen lights up like a Xmas tree - I have bets/fold/raises on each street, check-raise% and the aggression frequency stats as well as stats for blind steals etc..when I can be bothered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have went to showdown and fold to c-bet in addition to the standard ones.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP
Preflop Raise %
Postflop Agg
# Hands on that person

[/ QUOTE ]
I have these, I am using Poker Office instead of PT though. PO has also an extra window with more number that I look at occassionaly but have minimized most of the time.

Thinking about trying out PT but downloaded it a few days ago, imported 1000 hands, and it was an much uglier interface than PO imo.

Will probably give it a try (with PA Hud as well) anyway, so I can analyze more numbers, post some nice graphs in BBV etc.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 AM

Try playing without any PAHUD display...you will find yourself much more in tune with the flow of the game, and for me at least my reads are much improved.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:49 AM

Funny, I just installed it 2 days ago, and I would testify to the complete opposite.

Btw, in addition to the standard I have went to showdown, and fold to turn bet. That last one as a little aid in deciding when to fire a second barrle.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:22 AM

I base decisions on whether to two barrel on, in no particular order: how i have been playing and my perceived image, how my opponent has been playing, what i think my opponent thinks i have, what i think my opponent thinks that i think he has, how the table has been flowing, and viability of other lines.

how often my opp. folds in situations that are either very different or somewhat different than the situation i am currently in has little to no bearing on my decision.
1. you will never have enough hands on your opponent to come up with an accurate FtTB %, and if you do, your opponent's style will have changed in the interim.
2. people's play fluctuates on a minute to minute basis, you can make serious errors by assuming they always play in the same rigid, prescribed manner.
3. most people's FtTB % will fall within the same small range, only a few outliers will really be interesting.

FWIW, I do use PT stats, I just dont rely on them and I prefer not to have them up while playing hands. Basic stats for each player are in the back of my head, along with oddities and weaknesses, but most of my memory is focused on my opponents' current state of mind and current style of play.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM

as for the standard numbers like VPiP, PFR and WtSD, those are generally encompassed in profiles of players that are all filed away in my memory banks.

If I put the numbers up on screen they become distracting and gain far too much influence on my decision-making. I want the numbers to be a small factor, but when they are right there in my face I have a hard time thinking about more complex factors.

it goes like this:

"cmon this guy is 50/5.......no way hes got a hand"
CALL......oops what was i thinking? how was that not obvious he had the nuts.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:33 AM

i love pahud.

i kind of bounce around with which stats i have displayed. but i utilize the click on the opponents name to see all the stats option a lot.