Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 05:54 PM

Default WSOP Thoughts & Brainstorming

Hey all, me again. Today I spoke with my third 2+2er about him staying at the Silverton for the WSOP. I've spoken and booked a few more at different times, but for those two-three weeks in July & August, I'm guessing there may be a bit more serious interest from the community here.

Without getting to a place where I'm trying to solicit (I want to stay within the site's rules, etc) - do you think it would be of interest to get a "block" of rooms set up for this time for 2+2ers?

The reason I'm asking is, depending on our availability (which I'm not completely sure of yet) it's possible we could put together some kind of offer to make it an option for those who use the site.

It would at least be another option for those of you traveling here for the dates, and it would put groups of you together which may or may not lend to sharing of cabs or shuttles, etc. Also, it may be a cool place to have random 2+2 games in our Poker Room here during those days - which may be fun for our crew & obviously would be beneficial to the property and our poker room.

I need to be clear, I'm still in the beginning stages of proposing an idea to my department...but if there was interest or suggestions from any who may be interested, that would at least help me clear up some details.

Discuss for a couple days in this thread with any ideas, etc and if it seems like something that gains some steam...I'll start taking it to the next level.

Cheers,

Jed

(For those who don't know who I am you can check out the askme thread a few pages down - myself and my property are discussed a bit there.)
Old 04-24-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: WSOP Thoughts & Brainstorming

I'll only do one bump since I posted it on the weekend. I thought there would be more interest, and it seems there's not. Anyway, no harm no foul. I'll let it fade away after today.

Cheers -
Old 04-24-2006, 12:37 PM

Great idea, T2L. I can't go to WSOP this year, but I'm sure people really appreciate your ideas and are grateful for your help in the aforementioned thread.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:08 PM

I already have my lodging lined up, but it's not set in stone yet. If this happens then I would definitely consider it.

Actually, having you take care of me might make things a lot easier, because I HAVE to leave Vegas if I bust on day 2; my friend is getting married on August 5th. Otherwise I'd just book a room all the way to the end and just make a vacation out of it after whatever point I bust out, but I can't do that; I'm planning to leave August 4th unless I make it further. I don't know how easy it is going to be to deal with this under normal hotel protocol...

Either way, great idea and thanks for the efforts.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already have my lodging lined up, but it's not set in stone yet. If this happens then I would definitely consider it.

Actually, having you take care of me might make things a lot easier, because I HAVE to leave Vegas if I bust on day 2; my friend is getting married on August 5th. Otherwise I'd just book a room all the way to the end and just make a vacation out of it after whatever point I bust out, but I can't do that; I'm planning to leave August 4th unless I make it further. I don't know how easy it is going to be to deal with this under normal hotel protocol...

Either way, great idea and thanks for the efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think I can be of assistance, just shoot me a PM and I'll get you my cell number so we can discuss it further.

So far there has been a positive response, but all through private conversations. It's really not a problem unless it continues to grow, because it would then be better if I could come up with a set "Deal" instead of taking each group/room on a case by case basis.

It's actually working out great now, because I'm meeting a lot of new 2+2er's which is really cool.

As long as people who are interested know how to get a hold of me - attempting to create a set package isn't a big deal anyway.