Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Inside Man: Structure Question

I guess this is aimed more at Pryor and Dom, but anyone with film knowledge is welcome to comment.

I have to write a paper about this film and as part of the paper have to label the 3 acts, and am having a little trouble. I'm pretty sure the second act begins when the robbery begins and the third starts when Clive Owen finally escapes (not so sure though), but where exactly is the halfway point/pay-off??

I can do the entire rest of the paper, so I hate to pay to see the movie again just to find the beginning of the pay-off. Is it when he pretends to execute the hostage?

Any help would be geatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Inside Man: Structure Question

I'd almost think you'd be better off explaining why it doesn't have a "third act" in the traditional sense -- you can probably argue a few points as being the start of it, but, ultimately, I think it's less cookie-cutter than that.

(By the way, paying to see it again wouldn't be the worst thing in the world -- we're a third of the way into the new year and this is one of the best movies released in that time.)
Old 04-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Inside Man: Structure Question

Hadn't thought of that BVT, that might be a really good way to go about the paper. Thanks! But that still leaves me finding the payoff. The payoff is before the third act, so it would still have it, I think. What is your opinion on this? Do you think it begins when I mentioned, when he shoots the hostage? Or at some other point?