Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Help me find a good credit card

Cliff Notes: I've got a ridiculous credit score for a 22-year old, and want to get an amazing credit card with single digit APR and some sort of rewards program

First a little background:

I'm 22, just getting ready to move out finally (graduating college in like 3 weeks, got a job lined up in Boston, woohoo. Anybody who lives in/near Boston PM me and we'll go get drunk or something some time after I move)

I have remarkable credit score. To put this in context, I was jokingly shopping around at a nissan dealer earlier this week for a 350z roadster, had some time to kill so I figured I'd go through the credit process, test drive, etc. Anyways, credit came back and their finance manager was prepared to allow me to finance $800+ a month without even supplying them proof of job. He said I had the second highest credit score he's ever seen. Obviously this is probably BS, but still, I got pretty ridiculous financing no problem. I was also offered 2% interest on a lease, when average rates nowadays are 5-7% depending on length unless there are specials going on. Like I said, obviously some BS probably to get them to sell me the car (I was pretty convincing that I wanted to buy), but the point is I have very good credit.

So now that I've "paid my dues" so to speak, I would like to get a good credit card. I've got a few credit cards, mostly ones that I picked up because of 0% APR just to afford stuff for a while, and then didn't cancel them since it's better to just hold on to them and not use them. I don't use these now; they sit in a drawer at my house.

My main credit card that I use regularly now is a Bank of America platinum, which is currently at an $8500 limit (goes up about $2-3000 every 2-3 months, just got it relatively recently), with an 11.65% APR. I would like something better than this.

Wants:
1. No annual fee
2. Single digit APR
3. Cash back/rewards program of some sort
4. Pretty universally accepted
5. Min $5k limit to start.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Help me find a good credit card

I have the chase rewards card 5% back on gas and 1% for mostly everything else. The gas one could be worth it right now.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 AM

mastercard? I was looking at a citi mastercard with almost the same stats. I'd like to stay away from Chase if possible (I've had bad experiences with them).
Old 04-23-2006, 01:22 AM

While on this subject is there any way for someone like myself, with no credit history, to get a credit card, or four?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 AM

No its a chase visa but its the only company i have delt with besides my bank card. But If i where you i would really look for a card to use for gas that 5% will add up quicker then u think right now with gas prices going crazy
Old 04-23-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While on this subject is there any way for someone like myself, with no credit history, to get a credit card, or four?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea apply for all off them someone will accept you
Old 04-23-2006, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had to worry about applying. I get at least 5 offers a week in the mail.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:29 AM

HSBC cash/fly platinum rewards card...

I also have a Chase Visa for MGM/Mirage, high limit with 0%APR for the first year
Old 04-23-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had to worry about applying. I get at least 5 offers a week in the mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people do, those usally aren't the good cards.

ANyway, I have a Capital One Mastercard. Very happy with it, low APR, easy same day online payment method, and good security. I had a fraudulent charge once, called them and without any questions they immediatley removed the charge and put my card under watch for further suspicious activity.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 AM

hey, I didn't read OP, but someone posted this link in another thread and I bookmarked it...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcm...hreadid=158558

I haven't read through all of it, but it might help.