Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 AM

Default fold JJ preflop?

What you think about this hand? fold pre-flop or flop?

Limit holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.5SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.25BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Results:
Final pot: 12.25BB
Old 01-11-2006, 05:01 AM

Default Re: fold JJ preflop?

def. don't fold preflop
Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 AM

reads would help alot here but as it goes I say no folds and take it to showdown. If I was UTG then i'd be likely to play AK like he did if i had a decent read on UTG+1 not having a big pr. Alot of times you'll see both UTG and UTG+1 having AK or UTG having something like 88 or 77 and UTG+1 having AK. Of course, this may be a leak in my game but i'm taking this to showdown unless those two start going crazy or if an ace comes.

On the flop I might try a different line at a normal 1/2. I'd check and then see what the other two do.
(1) UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, i'll raise
(2) UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, i'll raise
(3) UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, then I'm not really sure. (Any ideas from other people on what to do if this happens?)

I think that leading out make the hand a little harder to play and doesn't make a great deal of difference to your EV.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:41 AM

UTG was LAC
UTG+1 WAS TPC (that troubles me but only 40 hands on him)
CO was LAG
Old 01-11-2006, 05:52 AM

To be honest, I really like the way you played your hand. Capping preflop would be bad, but you definitely aren't folding. I like the flop bet, which represents at least a pair of some sort, so when you're raised you can call down and hope to be shown AK/AQ but you're probably beaten. Still, I can't fold this anywhere on this board postflop, so nicely done.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:59 AM

Your in the big, why fold preflop with a hand like that.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:09 AM

I don't fold this PF, but I think I would if I were MP3. I don't want to cold call 3 early position bets with four people left to act and the original PFR might cap.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:34 PM

Why is capping PF wrong here? The two raisers seem as likely to have two big cards as a big pair. Unfortunately, the river seemed to be the best evidence of this. UTG is the only aggressor after the flop which makes it look like utg+1 is just big cards. Other than possibly capping preflop, I think I would have played this the same way. oh, unless I was drinking and then I would have three bet him on the flop to see if he had a big pair, not beleived his re-raise, and bet into him on the turn. after that is anyone's guess. I try not to drink and play so much anymore.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:42 PM

nooo...you have good odds to call in the BB and make your set. Taking a shot on the flop is find, but you should probably fold to a raise, unless villain plays overcards this way.