Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Skipping SB on Party Poker

Playing $3$6 Holdem on Party Poker, I have noticed several players who will post their big blind, sit out the small blind and then come in behind the button with out posting. Is the legal? Ethical?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Skipping SB on Party Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Playing $3$6 Holdem on Party Poker, I have noticed several players who will post their big blind, sit out the small blind and then come in behind the button with out posting. Is the legal? Ethical?

[/ QUOTE ]I have also seen this before too. I dont know how they do it. I have never tried it, but before I have failed to post the SB when multitabling and didnt have auto post clicked yet, and when it was my button it gave me the choice to post $3 or not. The only time I have seen this happen, he would skip his SB, and I was the his right, so by him doing that I would miss my BB so I had no complaints [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2006, 03:46 PM

do you lose more in the SB than you make on the button? I personally would not give up my button.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM

It has been discussed in higher stakes hold em about 6 months ago. You just time out the small blind and come in the CO for free. My friend was the one doing it, but it was determined to be -ev because ur missing the button every round as well. SOBEDUDE was the poster who busted him if u want to look up the thread. It is illegal according to party.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has been discussed in higher stakes hold em about 6 months ago. You just time out the small blind and come in the CO for free. My friend was the one doing it, but it was determined to be -ev because ur missing the button every round as well. SOBEDUDE was the poster who busted him if u want to look up the thread. It is illegal according to party.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's illegal, why don't they make you post the SB then when you come back in?

Of course, that presumes that Party knows what they're doing.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:19 PM

It is maybe illegal, but they don't seem willing to enforce it.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 PM

web page

heres the link hope it worked ima compuiter retard this has both threads.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:19 PM

Its ironic they're doing it at 3/6 because the blinds are 1/3. It would at least make more sense in a 1/2 blind strucure. Overall this strategy will cost more money than it saves.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you are right, it is way -EV if you miss the SB and Button, but the only time i have seen it done the player missed the SB than was delt a hand on the button without posting anything, and he did it multiple times
Old 04-21-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you lose more in the SB than you make on the button? I personally would not give up my button.

[/ QUOTE ]Button is more +EV than SB is -EV, but I have seen someone do it at 3-6 6 max at party, miss the SB and be DELT IN ON THE BUTTON without posting anything, just missing the SB....I could look it up in PT for hand histories, but it was a few months ago so I am not sure how I would find them