Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 PM

Default I think he likes his hand

Hero raises AA in MP, 46/1.2/7.7 button calls all others fold

Flop - Q74 rainbow
Hero bets, Villain calls.

Turn - A (2 hearts)
Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero 3-bets, Villain caps

River 6 - no flush

Hero try for c/r cap ( Opponent will probably bet anything if checked to but when we c/r is he 3-betting much?) or do we try bet/3-bet?

True
Old 04-20-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Re: I think he likes his hand

Villain has a slowplayed 77 or 44 (which he is capping no matter what you do) or 2 pair with AQ (unlikely) A7, A4, Q7, Q4. (I am not giving him the nuts of 58.) There is also a chance he had a heart draw with a pair.

So, the real question is how to get $$ out of 2 pair. I would go bet/3 bet. River c/r usually put fear into people.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:07 PM

This reminds me of a similar hand (although I had top 2) where the villain capped the turn. I went for a check/raise and he checked behind the river with a worse 2 pair. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

It's tough for me to figure out what to do because I've got no idea what goes through villain's mind, would he really raise 2 pair here? I'd probably check/raise because I'd expect him to usually call our lead with 2 pair, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit, he only has to raise about 50% of the time to make leading better than check/raising against specifically 2 pair (assuming he doesn't cap or some [censored]).
Old 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM

I think that bet/three betting is generally the better idea here. as has been said before, a river CR generally puts a lot of fear into people so I doubt that we can get it capped, but I think that he's raising a lot here if we bet it, and he will pay off a three bet like all the time
Old 04-20-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that bet/three betting is generally the better idea here. as has been said before, a river CR generally puts a lot of fear into people so I doubt that we can get it capped, but I think that he's raising a lot here if we bet it, and he will pay off a three bet like all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you think calling cap / lead is stronger than calling cap / check.

How often will he raise as opposed to bet?

True
Old 04-20-2006, 06:29 PM

if you were playing against me you should definitely c/r. I would never raise you here.

is that 7.7 AF legit??? if it is, it might not even matter.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were playing against me you should definitely c/r. I would never raise you here.

is that 7.7 AF legit??? if it is, it might not even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

AF and PFR are wrong way around.

True
Old 04-20-2006, 06:36 PM

i pretty much always c/r monsters on the river after being capped by passive - neutral players on the turn. definitely what I would do here.

there are some players that are absolutely horrendous at hand reading and will cap the big streets with any two pair in this spot, but these type of players are somewhere rare online. i dont think you'll get that third bet in enough and i think two bets is basically guaranteed.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you think calling cap / lead is stronger than calling cap / check.

How often will he raise as opposed to bet?

True

[/ QUOTE ]

its hard to say with any mathmatical certainty of what percentage of the time this player will raise and how often he will check through. But, with that being said, based on his stats(and I noticed that u said that the PRF and AF needs to be reversed, but that still doesn't change too much due to him having a 46 VPIP to go with his 1.2 AF, so he is fairly aggro post flop) that he looks like the type of player who just looks at their hand and says, on this board, I have two pair or a set, I like my hand, I raise. Granted, with those stats, a CR will be very doable like almost all of the time too. So what it comes down to is more then pure stats, what have u seen this guy do with big hands in the past against other players and has he overplayed hands in the past too
Old 04-20-2006, 07:55 PM

I doubt he's 3-betting a river C/R after all that turn action (unless he's a moron and can't read hands or the board).

I think trying for a C/R is great way for either 0 or 2 bets to go in.

Tom