Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Dumping to the short stack

I was playing in a multitable SNG on Stars and with 4 players left the SB completes the bet after the other two of us fold to the blinds. The BB raises all in for another 25 chips and the SB promptly folds. The blinds at the time were something like 1000/2000 so the SB basically dumps 2000 chips to the small stack in the BB (the other three of us have 10k or more though this is from memory and I may be off a bit (not about the 25 chips thing though). I and the other guy not in the hand both question the SB's play in chat but the shortacked player gets busted out in the next hand and I don't dwell on it (too busy donking off my chips to bust out next).

Does this sort of thing violate Stars' rules? It's been a few days and I haven't had a ton of time to email Stars support about this but with all the talk of cheating and other unethical sorts of play is this worth bringing to their attention even if all that happens is the two players (and I noticed no other behavior like this prior to this hand) can no longer play together in the same SNGs?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Dumping to the short stack

If the two of them are working together it is collusion. If not, it may just be that big stack has been abusing you middle stacks while you wait for shorty to bust and he wants to keep that dynamic going by propping up shorty for a while. That isn't against the rules.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:51 PM

The SB player wasn't the big stack (he and the other two of us were fairly even at the time) but I had also considered that he might want to keep the "dynamic" going even if it didn't make any sense to me to keep a short stack in with three others with nearly equal stacks. This was a low buy in SNG so I guess I have to give the SB player credit for just being fairly stupid.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The SB player wasn't the big stack (he and the other two of us were fairly even at the time) but I had also considered that he might want to keep the "dynamic" going even if it didn't make any sense to me to keep a short stack in with three others with nearly equal stacks. This was a low buy in SNG so I guess I have to give the SB player credit for just being fairly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, or he was multi-tabling and not paying attention to stack sizes. Could have just hit the wrong button.