Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 01:49 PM

Default (X-post) Read this if party slows down your computer

Here's a form letter to send to party. I just sent it to them and you should too. Also if the part about scanning your computer recently to ensure that it is virus and spyware free isn't true for you then you should proably fix that if you are at all concerned about the security of your online transactions [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Let me know if you think anything should be added to it or if you want to write a better one please do.

To whom it may concern,
Ever since the major software update that you implemented in March your program has been causing problems with my computer. My computer has recently been scanned to ensure that it is spyware and virus free, and works fine when not running your software. However, multitabeling on your site for more than an hour causes my computer to run very slow. When I first open your software and begin playing my computer runs as smooth as before the update, but soon the software begins to move sluggishly and the problem only worsens with time until I close your software. It has been over a month in a half since you implemented your new software with this problem and I am concerned that you are not intending on correcting it, or are even aware of it. It would be greatly appreciated if you would try to correct this problem quickly as it is encouraging me to play on other sites and reduce the length of sessions spent on PartyPoker because I must restart my computer after every hour or two of play.

Thank you,
Your Name

send to:
tech@partypoker.com
and/or
info@partypoker.com

Or if you're VIP:
VIP@Partypoker.com
Old 04-18-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (X-post) Read this if party slows down your computer

Awesome. This happens to me too. I was just too lazy to write a complaint. COPY/PASTE IS AWESOME.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:34 PM

sent to VIP
Old 04-18-2006, 02:41 PM

sent to all 3

what programs did you use to 'ensure that your computer is virus and spyware free'? Might help to include that in the email too
Old 04-18-2006, 02:43 PM

You can try to use Process Tamer whilst we wait for about 4 years for them to fix it - it helps a little.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:45 PM

hmmm, I've had the problem for over a year when playing long sessions in ring games. I don't think this is from the upgrade, I think it just made it worse. I had to transfer pt to my laptop to stop the lag over a year ago.

As a bandaid, moving pt to a second computer and networking it does help alot.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Is this why my mouse often freezes up now?

[censored] party
Old 04-18-2006, 02:55 PM

I never had a problem before the major update and now party is almost unplayable on my computer after 2 hours of 8 tabling

[ QUOTE ]
You can try to use Process Tamer whilst we wait for about 4 years for them to fix it - it helps a little.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll check it out

I probably should have included this in the original post. I made a thread on this a while ago incase you're wondering what I'm even talking about:
Memory leak?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:09 PM

also try moving pt off the main computer if you can. If yours is anything like mine, the lag gets far worse when pt imports the hands once a min. If you move it off that doesnt happen, which means you can go longer before the party one gets unplayable.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting, I tried this program when I played today. Party's CPU usage gradually began to grow and after around 45 minutes the program tried to control party by downgrading its priority. It did basically nothing though other than make party lag even more and party's memory usage just kept on growing despite the lowered priority until I finally had to stop playing once again because I could barely move my mouse.