Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Default When do you attack WT?

How often do you attack a weak-tight preflop? Do you make your decision based on a minimum requirement to your own hand or do you get to thinking "I'm gunna try and bust him every fourth hand"? I kinda want him to stay WT and think coming over the top too often will shut him down.

SB during a 75 hand session:
VP$IP 21.19
PFR% 11.02
WSD% 6.70

As a side note, what do you think of his stats that say in UTG and UTG+1, his PFR% when first in was 18.0%, while in CO,BTTN, and SB his PFR% when first in was 4.5% ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($75.70)
UTG ($143.40)
Hero ($112.05)
Button ($109.40)
SB ($96)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $13
Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: When do you attack WT?

Huh? Raise the first time.

I reraise people a lot if they're raising light and not calling stations. Depends on the situation. I mostly look for some kind of hand rather than random trash.

I don't limp-rr though. And you virtually minraised him, this is just silly IMO.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:20 AM

Weak-Tights don't normally raise out of the blinds without very strong hands. Now to raise more from the first 2 seats as opposed to the last two is very very strange. Some players just have it in their heads that LP steals get played back at so they steal from EP. Once you know this, if your position is right, then come back over the top of him from the button. You particular hand seems bad. He's raising from a spot where he doesn't raise much and usually has a premium, and your raise is giving him a decent price to take a flop. I'd wait til he raised from EP then make it about $12 if I was going to try and steal against his raises with trash.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM

Yeah, raise preflop first...don't reraise since he is more likely to have a good hand. However, I don't think I'd rush to judge to call him weak-tight. I run at similar 6-max numbers (22.5/12.5), and I wouldn't call myself weak-tight. 75 hands is not a large enough size to give any validity to the WSD%. That could be a poor run of cards and missing all flops. I'd like to see his aggression factor before I'd call him weak.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM

Does anyone know how many flops a villian needs to see before his WentSD is accurate?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:43 PM

King, do you play full ring at all?