Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 12:42 AM

Default 40-80 hand

40-80 online 6 handed,
I have A7o UTG+1
UTG(bad) limps, i raise, co ccs, utg calls, 3 to the flop.

flop is TcTh9c
check, i bet, call, call, 3 to the turn.

turn is an Ad

check, I CHECK, button bets, how is it so far and what is the plan from here?
dave
Old 04-18-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: 40-80 hand

im not sure if A7o is profitable from the HJ even against a bad limper. this is something id really like to discuss though because its something ive thought about alot concerning hands like these and other similar ones and am still not sure.

i think i like the turn check for variety.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:11 AM

if UTG calls pop if for sure, and check the river if its heads up with you and CO. If UTG folds just call here and bet the river. If he pops you then you can proooobably fold but I'd most likely end up calling if he was completely unkown.

Where was this absolute?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:12 AM

i don't think it is unless the guys behind you are all extremely tight. I would say A9o is profitable and A8o is slightly unprofitable given a typical mid-limit lineup. Would you agree?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:23 AM

i dont usually raise A8o from HJ so i find it hard to believe its profitable to play it against a limper. i think alot of value that comes from these hands is hopes to steal the blinds. you have no chance to do that here but of course there is the opportunity to chop dead money. i think the opponent has to be bad enough that hell call down with unreasonable hands when an ace flops to make raising profitable. most bad players dont chase ace high boards.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:27 AM

What are villain's names? If you don't want to post, either pm, or post the first letter. Is UTG 'P'?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not sure if A7o is profitable from the HJ even against a bad limper. this is something id really like to discuss though because its something ive thought about alot concerning hands like these and other similar ones and am still not sure.

i think i like the turn check for variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

bottom line w/ hands like A7o is how often will you be able to iso the bad limper.

in the game dave is playing it's not likely to happen and he'll likely end up 3-4 ways w/ this hand and that's not a good thing.

on the turn i dont mind a check but i think a bet is better. you are probably facing a draw or two, a pair, another ace that will likely chop or a T. if it was rainbow and you were called in two spots on the flop id check it more than not b/c one of 'em probably has a ten and you get more from one who doesn't if you check and call.

but here you should collect from the draws and maybe check or bet the river depending on what the CO does.

Barron
Old 04-18-2006, 01:44 AM

WWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFF, you fold A8o in the HJ?
that is bad, end of story i am sorry.
dave
Old 04-18-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont usually raise A8o from HJ so i find it hard to believe its profitable to play it against a limper. i think alot of value that comes from these hands is hopes to steal the blinds. you have no chance to do that here but of course there is the opportunity to chop dead money. i think the opponent has to be bad enough that hell call down with unreasonable hands when an ace flops to make raising profitable. most bad players dont chase ace high boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

A7 is profitable vs. a bad limper if he can isolate the limper. bad means passive in this case most likely b/c he LIMPED 6 handed UTG.

further, with tight spots behind you and bad blinds it's definately profitable.

i dont like seeing genearlized statements about XYZ hand in a mid/high SH forum though overall. id go a bit lower vs. bad players in good spots and vice versa.

Barron
Old 04-18-2006, 03:06 AM

k ill take that comment into strong consideration but for the very longest time hush folded A8o in the HJ but raised A9 there. doesnt make it right but i dont think im the minority.