Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Serious hand pain - Need some ergonomic help.

I really need some help in the ergonomic department. Both of my hands really hurt while I'm playing, and for hours after I stop. I play about 6 hours a day on several different sites, limit, no limit, and MTTs. I have 2 mice, one is the Evoluent vertical mouse for my right hand, and the other is this logitech trackball. I alternate between using the Evoluent with my right hand, and the trackball with my left hand.

I have also own this thumb-driven trackball. And I get the same pain from it as well.

It has gotten to the point that no matter what I use to point with, the joints in all my fingers on both hands are in pretty severe pain from clicking and trackballing. The whole back of both hands is also constantly sore, on or off the computer.

I've done a lot of searching on here, and can't seem to find a good solution. I have looked at other options such as the MTH helper (here), but the problem there is I play many different sites, so it doesnt look like that will work well. The same goes for the gamepad solution. The gamepad sucks for no limit too.

Can anyone suggest anything that I can do about this? I'm currently playing professionally, so taking a week off of the computer is not an option. I think I need to eliminate as much finger motion as possible.

I've been looking at these tablet pen such as this Wacom tablet. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any other ideas? Price is not an issue here, I'd spend up to $500 to get rid of the pain and ensure that I'm not going to suffer long-term problems here.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Serious hand pain - Need some ergonomic help.

A mouse wrist rest perhaps won't solve all problems, but it might help?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post5451292

Also, no offense, but if you play professionally and can't take one week off, I think your (offline) bankroll is way too small to play professionally.

Adde
Old 04-17-2006, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, but the pain is really just in my fingers and hand, not in my wrist. My bankroll is almost six figures, so time off is perfectly doable. I just enjoy playing way too much for that, and I think the pain would return if I dont address the problem directly.

Also, sorry about the wide post, I have no idea why the links didn't post as single words. It looked when in the preview.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:34 AM

Doctor visit?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 AM

Get a 3M ergonomic mouse. I got mine about 4 months after hand pain like yours.

Its totally awesome for online poker and blackjack. Best investment I have ever made for online play
Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 AM

My hand hurts now too....from scrolling to the right.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 AM

http://www.evoluent.com/vmouse2.html
Old 04-17-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doctor visit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2006, 11:36 AM

I'm having a little trouble reading your original post but it looks like you are already well equipped. I wonder if you have thought of having a physical therapist look at your set-up and make suggestions? Many people are permanently disabled by repetitive motion injury, so I think to protect an income stream from a six figure bankroll, you might want to consider this option even if it costs more than $500. I hate to be one of those people who don't actually answer the question answered, but this question looks like it can only be properly answered by a trained professional who can observe you in motion.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM

You dont need to complicate an easy soultion. Your using the traditional mouse is the problem.

Switch to a mouse where your hand is totally different like an 3Mergonomic mouse and the problem will be fixed quickly. I know I had the SAME PROBLEM now its gone for me.

Dont spend $500 to see someone who will tell you what you already know. I swear the 3m ergonomic mouse totally rules just do a search and read the reviews