Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 12:38 AM

Default PS3 release/purchase/resell

I have a friend that, when the Xbox 360 was released, bought a reserved copy for somewhere in the 400-500 range, and sold it the next day on ebay for roughly 1000. Thats what I want to do with the PS3.

1. Will it have the same kind of return? I mean, it seems like there are more PS2 players than Xbox players (or at least of the people i talk to)
2. How many copies would be appropriate? my immediate answer is "in-freakin'-finity" but there may be something i'm missing.
3. Is anyone else planning something like this? there's not a thread for it, is there?

I kind of just thought of this, so any help is appreciated.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:09 AM

Default Re: PS3 release/purchase/resell

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend that, when the Xbox 360 was released, bought a reserved copy for somewhere in the 400-500 range, and sold it the next day on ebay for roughly 1000. Thats what I want to do with the PS3.

1. Will it have the same kind of return? I mean, it seems like there are more PS2 players than Xbox players (or at least of the people i talk to)
2. How many copies would be appropriate? my immediate answer is "in-freakin'-finity" but there may be something i'm missing.
3. Is anyone else planning something like this? there's not a thread for it, is there?

I kind of just thought of this, so any help is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it for the 360, resevered 4 and waited in line at wallyworld for another. It is supposed to come out in november so there will be a huge christmas push, price will be huge. I would resell right away too. The day they came out I got over 1500 for all of them.

I would reserve it as soon as the stores start taking reservations as they will only have a limited number of presales.

The market creates the demand so you don't have to worry about it not being there.

There are a lot of people doing this, ebay had a ton on there but they still sold crazily, if you want to I would do it and try and get as many as possible.

If you don't have a great ebay feedback I would think about finding someone who does but it won't make that much of a difference.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The day they came out I got over 1500 for all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means each, right? 5 of them would cost more than 1500. But a $1500 each return would be huge. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:09 PM

yeah, each. Just remember the best time to sell them is the same day they come out. Also, I would look into getting whatever the huge ps3 game is gonna be. Bundle that in with the unit and you should be able to get an extra 100-200 over the price of the game.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 PM

I did that with the PS2, and sold it that day on E-bay for $600. It was either 3 or 400 at the time (don't really remember). I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but at $600 a pop, I don't think that I can afford too many.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 PM

i did it with the ps2... pre-ordered 2 online, camped out for another one and got lucky for a 4th at a walmart - all gone for 600+ same day on ebay... its a good strategy for making quick dough, much like snapping up choice concert/event/sports tickets - some capital required, but guaranteed profit
Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did that with the PS2, and sold it that day on E-bay for $600. It was either 3 or 400 at the time (don't really remember). I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but at $600 a pop, I don't think that I can afford too many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the retail value of the PS3 going to be $600?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:27 PM

that's what the rumor is... i've heard 500-600 bucks... yikes!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Looks like I need to save some capital.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I need to save some capital.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too. Whatever the price is, I would think it is going to sell for double on Ebay, as long as the supply is restricted as usual. They aren't planning on releasing like 50 billion units are they?