Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 02:50 PM

Default 3/6 JJ River Decision

BB is 66/9/1.08
UTG is 45/3/1

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero ????

Can i call this river?
Should i have bet/fold the turn?
Old 04-16-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: 3/6 JJ River Decision

I know that's an ugly turn card, but you should not be checking if you intend on folding a safe river card like ever.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:14 PM

I bet/fold the turn.

As played, I think the river is a tough decision. Villain could bet an 8 here so I think you have to call.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 PM

I would bet-fold the turn. One thing that does suck though is that if someone happened to make a flush, you'll end up folding 4 outs after having made the pot nearly big enough to draw to them. So that would be a crappy result, and so would getting checkraise-semibluffed by A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something. (Well, it would be if we're not calling, in any case.) Would either of these Villains make a play like that? (They're not exactly passive for their VP$IP, but neither player is super-aggro either.)

Anyway, after the actual turn action, on the river I guess I overcall, but I'm not really expecting to win. I don't mind UTG's call too much, though, because it really does look like we have him beat and it's mostly BB we're worried about.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:25 PM

Definately bet that turn, like all day long. Bet the river, too. Easy fold to a c/r on the turn.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:39 PM

BB and i played at the same table last night for 2 hours then again at this table. I did remember him checkraising 2 of my turn bets, which i don't know if either was a bluff.

That, and i somehow managed to drop -125 in my last 2000 hands probably led to the turn check
Old 04-16-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That and my unusually large vagina led to the turn check

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bet the turn bro. it's an ugly card but it's ugly for everyone else a lot, and these guys love to call so let them.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:49 PM

i think if you check behind on the turn you should call the river
Old 04-16-2006, 08:49 PM

Grunch

I probably take the free turn and fold the river. I don't see what piece of the board either could have that you beat. I'm horrible at folding in these spots, but it seems like you can't beat a bettor and a caller with second pair on a 3-flush, paired board. And when I see A8 and K2 at showdown, I puke all over my laptop.