Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Need help building a home arcade (coin-op)

Many of you know that I authored the "Ask ColdCaller about Video Games" which was infinitely more successful than T.J. Combo's thread of the same name. That guy didn't even know what the Konami code was, much less which game had a terrible reaction to it when inputted. Ridiculous.

That said, I am planning on building another arcade in the Pacific Northwest for my own personal use (though I might expand it if I get enough capital or demand is high enough). It will probably be located in the Seattle area.

When I lived in the Midwest, I knew a ton of dealers and arcades to buy and trade with, but I'm relatively new out here. My friend has helped me a bit, but I still don't have good contacts for regional/local purchases. I very rarely buy from national distributors, since I've had a ton of poor experiences with them (including Brady Games).

I'm looking to buy the following cabinets, and need help on where I might find them:

-Killer Instinct 2
-Time Crisis 2
-Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
-Tekken Tag Tournament
-Possibly a MAME cabinet at a good price
-Possibly a Neo-Geo cabinet at a good price (preferably one with League Bowling and/or Art of Fighting in it, or better yet, Metal Slug)
-Jurassic Park Pinball
-Monopoly Pinball

I am also very interested in finding an Astroids sit-down machine in good condition with working boards and a non-burned monitor. I'll buy that one from a national distributor if plenty of pictures are taken.

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Need help building a home arcade (coin-op)

[ QUOTE ]

-Possibly a MAME cabinet at a good price

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just gut an old cabinet and make one? gotta be way cheaper than buying one.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Need help building a home arcade (coin-op)

eh you want to buy these in cabinets? Other than the pins and time crisis, they should all be available in kits.