Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 07:02 AM

Default Suggestion for those planning to buy a 2+2 book

Take the quizz at the end before you read the book. Calculate the gained EV from what you learned.
Its an extra little boost knowing that you will do better in the future than you did in the past.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Suggestion for those planning to buy a 2+2 book

[ QUOTE ]
Take the quizz at the end before you read the book. Calculate the gained EV from what you learned.
Its an extra little boost knowing that you will do better in the future than you did in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quizzes at the end are a total waste of paper and ink. The questions are often impossible to understand unless you have already read the book, and remember the specific language the "quiz" is asking about. Thankfully, they have eliminated this "feature" in recent books.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The quizzes at the end are a total waste of paper and ink. The questions are often impossible to understand unless you have already read the book, and remember the specific language the "quiz" is asking about. Thankfully, they have eliminated this "feature" in recent books.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason they are at the end and not the beginning. They are good for reviewing the main points of each section. I am sad to hear they've been discontinued.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:38 PM

is there a 2+2 book that you didn't learn something from?
Old 04-15-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Suzuki book ?? (It is somehow never mentioned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 04-15-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a reason they are at the end and not the beginning. They are good for reviewing the main points of each section. I am sad to hear they've been discontinued.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like having quiz reviews in books, so that's too bad they're no longer included (if this is true). But perhaps 2p2 will do workbook play-of-hands type of thing because of HOH3? I'm a fan of this after going through the (non-2p2) Byron Jacobs workbook.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like having quiz reviews in books, so that's too bad they're no longer included (if this is true). But perhaps 2p2 will do workbook play-of-hands type of thing because of HOH3? I'm a fan of this after going through the (non-2p2) Byron Jacobs workbook.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be sweet, I hope you take a note of this Mason [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Suzuki book ?? (It is somehow never mentioned [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. By far, still the reigning champion as the worst 2+2 book. I think I burned my copy I was so unhappy with it. I'd have to look to make sure, but that'd mean I'd have to actually see that piece of crap again.

Oh well, 1 out of so many other great books isn't too bad a ratio. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The quizes are nice if you are running bad. It can help you ask yourself questions and test your play. Then if you answer differently, you can go check the section it refers to.

Just a thought.

b
Old 04-15-2006, 06:52 PM

They are not bad, but I would spend that space for a lot of quality hand quizzes.