Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 05:47 PM

Default Big Flush Draw Against a Paired Door - Large Pot - Stud High 5/10

Comments?

Does anyone reraise 3rd? I don't think I need to try and get this heads-up particularly, and I don't like putting in three bets with a hand that may not come to much. There isn't really an argument to limp in here, is there?

I think the pot is then big enough on fourth that I have to call, especially as the guy with the eights need not have trips here.

I think I then have to bet fifth to try and limit the field. It's very hard to call with the dead queens with two paired door cards. When the eights call, I'm giving credit for either trips or a big pair in the hole.

I was planning to check/call 6th if I missed, and to fold the river unimproved.
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (8.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___double bets

5th Street - (7.25 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.25 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.25 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (13.25 BB)
Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Big Flush Draw Against a Paired Door - Large Pot 5/10

I think you played it fine on all streets.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Big Flush Draw Against a Paired Door - Large Pot 5/10

I play it the same. There's enough money in the pot to peel on 4th. After you pair your door, you're unlikely to be raised even when the guy fills.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Big Flush Draw Against a Paired Door - Large Pot - Stud High 5/10

Bet out is beautifully done when you paired your door. Good river bet, as a fh will likely bet if you check but will have a hard time raising your "trip jacks", but two pair or unimproved trips might check behind.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:24 PM

If calling on fourth street is wrong, it isn't by much. I play it about the same.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:45 AM

Looks good to me chief.