Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Default PSA: WSEX handgrabber batch file

Over the past several days, I've been trying to automate the hand retrieval process. I've thrown together a little batch file which will allow you to grab 100 hands with one click. It uses 2 addin programs, for which I've included hyperlinks. They are free. Use at your own risk yada yada.

First you will need a program called cmdow. This allows you via batch file to make a particular window active. You can read about it and download from here: CMDOW

Next, you will need a program called sendkey. This allows you to send key commands (shocking, I know) to the active window. You can read about it and download here:
Sendkey

In order for this batch file to work, you have to specify the path of the two programs above. I just placed them in my c:\ directory (hence, path c:\ in the second line. If you stick them in a folder, just point to the folder with the path command).

The only thing you must modify with this script is on line #5. Substitute the word USERNAME with your WSEX username. I put in remarks so you can see what the script is doing.

To use this, you have to download the 2 files specified above, then COPY/PASTE the script below into a *.txt file. Change file extension from *.txt to *.cmd file and place somewhere convienient (IE on your desktop). When you want HH, click the *.cmd file and it will autograb 100 hands (WSEX client must be open).

Here is the script:

@echo off
path c:\
REM Get HH from WPEX
REM cmdow brings the WSEX Lobby to forefront
cmdow "World Poker Exchange - USERNAME" /ACT
REM Sendkey goes through the keys necessary to request HH
REM It will request 100 HH at a time
sendkey #1VK_ALT
sendkey #1T
sendkey #1R
sendkey #11key
sendkey #10key
sendkey #10key
REM Pause for 1/10 seconds
sendkey * 100
sendkey #2VK_Tab
sendkey #1VK_RETURN

For those of you who want to automate more steps and have Outlook, I found a program which will automatically save select emails as plain text. This is a payware program but its free for 30 days (maybe longer). I'm not endorsing it, I haven't even decided if I will buy it. But if you want to have a look, visit InboxRULES

I have the above hand grabber on a 30 minute loop to request 100 hands. Outlook then automatically converts the email to a plain txt file and dumps it to a folder. I then run the WSEX(y) converter, which dumps the converted HH to another folder. PT checks that folder every 15 minutes and autoimports hands.
Not perfect, but easier than doing it all manually.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Re: PSA: WSEX handgrabber batch file

Nice work.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:32 PM

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday (I've email ed support).

At about 77 hands in I clicked the Request HH buttong for last 100 hands.

Then I played about 40 more hands and did it again (then I quit).

About a half hour later the 1st email came in. But it said I had only played 50 hands.
So I waited another hour and emailed support explaining this.

They said I still had unsent hands and they would send them to me.
Now I got an email with 100 hands in it.

BUT it started with the same hand as the email with 50 hands did. So all the hands in the one with 50 hands were duplicated in the later email.
I played OVER 100 hands and still got only 100 hands in total.

My Hypothesis (and I'm going to check it out, and emailed support my brilliant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thought):
1) It takes a period of time from when you request hands to when the process the request.
2) At the time they process the request you get the last 100 hands played from when they process it, NOT from when you asked for the hands.
3) So if you play 75 hands, request. Then play 75 more hands, I believe you will NEVER get the first 50 hands you played.
Unless you quit at 100 hands wait for the HH email and start playing again.

I'm not sure this fits here but the last thing we need is ANOTHER WSEX thread.

To OP Looks pretty cool! Hopefully I'll understand enough of the english looking stuff in there to use it.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:11 PM

There is something definitely goofy with the way they process HH. At any rate, the directions look worse they are, I think you'll find it very straight forward to implement.