Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 AM

Default 1/2 Live Greektown , Deep Stacks

Just got back from a 22hr live session here in Detroit. I wanted to share this hand as i cant stop thinking about it. I ran good tonight played ok and got paid off in some nice pots , at start of this hand about 18th hour in I had stack up to about $ 340.00.

Our table has just condensed with another table and became full again. The villan in the hand is from the broken table and has also had a good night he looks to have about $ 500.00 plus. I played for a few hours with him earlier and as he stacks his chips i think about how i beleive i have a good read on him postflop. We made a couple moves on each other earlier and he isnt scared to test your stack.

A few boring hands go by and Villan is in the CO and me in the BB. Its folded around to him and he fires off a raise to $ 24.00. I immediately laugh to myself as i saw he do this earlier in the night, from the button and he showed 62o telling the table we need stop " playing so tight ".

Folded to me now, and i look down at 73o. Ok lets have a little fun, i go with my read of his rags and decide to play back at him and make it $75.00 straight, " I raise ". I fully expect him to fold and i can show him my rags and tell him not to mess around at my table.

Problem is he hasnt folded yet, oh oh i guess he does have a hand. Some time goes by , and i finally look up and hes staring right at me. I find this funny and cant help but laugh a little as imagine hes about to lay down a big hand. Oh i cant wait to show him rags then , that would really be funny. As hes looking at me though he looks more and more serious and is visibly bothered. Im not sure of what to make of this now... i wish he would fold or raise already so we can move on. A couple others make small comment about how were paying time and i say " yea youre clearly not calling , lets move on already".

Well soon as i say that Villan said "Ok" but doesnt go for his cards but goes for his chips pushes his stacks in one motion forward " I'm all in ". I cant help but laugh that I caused him all this stress and im sitting here with 73o. Poor guy probably has AA and thinks hes getting QQ, KK to make a good call.

Well i take a little time myself to show im gonna make a big laydown, i close my eyes to think in deep agony. As i do this though i remember again his play hours earlier in same spot, same bet, and same motion with 62o. LOL wouldnt it be funny if he really did have rags again. The balls on this guy, wow nice play sir !!

Then it hit me. He started off with a steal, and knows i cant call his bet without AA and risk my stack that i built all night.... i take off my hat and set my sunglasses on the table and look , i mean take a good look at him. Older man in his 40's seasoned live player and still staring right down on me. I run throught the action again and block out all the noise around and decide on two hands he has. Its either 72o or 62o. I have 73o and if im right i have him crushed. He cant have any other hands the way he played it. " I think you have 72 offsuit or 62 again and my 73 has you crushed , I call. "

Results to follow....
Old 01-10-2006, 07:24 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Live Greektown , Deep Stacks

Dear god dont keep me waiting on this.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 AM

If this is real I wanna know the resluts now please.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:04 AM

Ive layed down some monsters on the river and called off with some trash and been right
But if you were rigth here he may have hung himself (if you won the hand)
Old 01-10-2006, 08:24 AM

Let me guess.. he flips over two black aces and he asks what the [censored] you're doing
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 AM

A few things:

If you put him on a complete bluff, and him staring you down is obviously a strong tell, why does he have to have 7-2 or 6-2? You put him on a total bluff and were able to narrow his range down to exactly the two hands that your 7-3 beats? Really? And even if he does have 7-2, you're splitting the pot about 90% of the time.

And what if he's bluffing with 8 high or 9 high? Is your "read" so air tight that he only bluffs with 7 high bottom kicker? That's a pretty narrow bluffing range.

And I've playing at Greektown dozens of times and played at the 1-2 NL game a few times (though I refuse to play at it now because of it's ridiculous "freezeout structure"), and I can assure you there are no "seasoned live players" sitting in that game.

And finally, because these games are so ridiculously soft and loose, I would NEVER recommend making "moves" on people in these games. Especially considering the structure of the games makes it so that the average stack is around $30 and people will gladly call your all-in with king high, or 7-3o...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM

Blatant "put him on a hand you can beat" syndrome. Even if he has crap, his crap almost always beats your crap. To think, you could've just folded to the 12xBB preflop raise and moved on to the next hand....
Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 AM

73 does not have 72 crushed. The kicker never plays. Bad call btw.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I run throught the action again and block out all the noise around and decide on two hands he has. Its either 72o or 62o. I have 73o and if im right i have him crushed. He cant have any other hands the way he played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... this is obviously not a true story, guys.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run throught the action again and block out all the noise around and decide on two hands he has. Its either 72o or 62o. I have 73o and if im right i have him crushed. He cant have any other hands the way he played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... this is obviously not a true story, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya think... when you read someone is in the 18th hour of a session running good and they built their stack up to a whopping 340... didn't read another sentance seriously after that.