Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Whats it gonna take for sites to take their customers seriously

My question is when is the online community collectively gonna have the stones to say screw PARTY POKER...I quit there a long time ago because of the whole rakeback issue, vip, and poor customer support. At least if this was going on at POKERSTARS Lee Jones would respond in here. PARTY POKER o'malley won't even take a couple of seconds to respond... I know a few people have took a stand against party, and I definitely agree with microbob there are plenty of good games elsewhere.. So I urge all of you stand up for whats right and wrong online poker might depend on it...
Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Whats it gonna take for sites to take their customers seriously

The fish will never boycott Party because Shana Hiatt shows skin, and the veterans won't boycott it because of the profits.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM

I've found much better games at sites other than Party. Just quit playing there and don't worry about what others do.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:26 PM

Ive already quit Party along time ago.. What is gonna keep the vets. there if the bots eat up all the fish. (Im aware they arent that good YET but in a year or two who knows?)
My point is if people dont make a stand and act like this matters it could destroy online poker. If you dont agree with me think of all the people you know that wont try online poker because their unsure about it or cause theyre worried about cheating. We could be costing ourselves generations of players if we dont take a stand on this issue. Not to mention what if congress finds out cheating is rampid kinda defeats the arguement that online poker is a game of skill and not on filled with a bunch of cheats and robots.. LETS DO SOMETHING Im open to ideas what about canceling all of our Party Poker accts. I dont play there but still have two, one i was gonna use for rb after the split but it seemed like a big runaround.. thank you
Old 04-12-2006, 02:38 PM

I agree that all this stuff about bots and zee-justin type cheating really could help the anti-online-gambling groups gain momentum.
"It's an off-shore company that can't even ensure the safety of their games." (then one article after another about all the different types of cheaters).

2. For the record (just to be clear in my motives), my current status of not playing at Party really isn't 'taking a stand' or anything like that. I'm just not getting enough incentive to play there compared to other sites.
But I am not really saying to anyone else that THEY should be leaving PP out of principle or anything.
If I was getting high RB there AND a really incredible A8 bonus then I would almost definitely be playing there too.

however, whether I play there or not I think Party really needs to get on the ball on this stuff. I believe it could actually be more far-reaching than just their own company's business. What Party and Stars (because they're the 2 biggest) do to fix this stuff impacts all of online-poker.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:39 PM

I don't understand. Here is what I'm hearing:

"I don't like Party so I don't play there, but I need for them not to be successful too."

Why do you care?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:42 PM

Huh?
Where did I imply that I need them to not be successful?

Or are you not asking me and instead addressing the OP?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:01 PM

i dont know who you were addressing but i'll answer. No i wish party all the success in the world not that they need it. But If a site the size of party and the resources ie money, isnt enforcing cheating and bot play. Whats that say to the average joe that was thinking of putting money into one of the smaller sites that i play at? If the mother of all online poker doesnt care are bots or cheating why in the world would some first timer take the plunge? This affects us all whether we play at party or not if this becomes the reputation that online poker gets we could be in serious trouble. thanks for your thoughts on this.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:09 PM

If it weren't for Pokerstars, Party would be a monopoly who would treat all of us, customers, like dogs. If it weren't for Pokerstars there would be no VIP programs or reloads at Party. Only way we could get Party to do something is to stop playing at thier site and play elsewhere. They know that since they are big, they can do what they want. With the rules of competition in a laissez-faire economy, Party should be acting up or they will die out.

Not only that thier last bonus was a complete slap to my face as they gave us a 3 day requirement to finish it. They are treating us like DOGS!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:29 PM

I recently quit Party. I want others to quit also. I played over 700k hands there in the past 15 months. I want to play there in the future, but not before they improve some things (customer service, technical problems, policies for handling cheats, high-rake, etc.).

If many high-volume players quit for similar reasons, and make those reasons clearly known to Party, they may rethink some of their policies. Or, at the very least, offer better incentives.

The thing that amazes me is that they are making hundreds of dollars per day of each high volume player, but they aren't willing to provide basic customer service. I thought the VIP thing might have potential for bonuses and as a channel to better support. I stepped up my play from ~30k hands in Dec, to 65k in Jan, 75k in Feb, and 90k in Mar. The 'service' I had been getting from the 'VIP' dept. has completely evaporated. It's to the point now that they are ignoring my emails entirely.

I don't necessarily want them to fail, but if they are unwilling to make changes I hope they run the place into the ground, so that the fish will swim off to another pond.