Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Another bdk3clash sweat hand

Villian is 21/13/2.59, likely 2p2, and has a history of distrust with hero.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I advised the flop CR because I CR tons of flops with tons of different hands in limped pots when I am SB.

Our plan when villian 3bet the flop was to call down.

Then the turn came and we figured a bet would fold out all the hands that are now drawing dead, so we went for a CR. Getting 3bet kinda sucked but we figured we were probably chopping or maybe villian was being a donk, given the history.

OK, give me a river line.

Feel free to comment on other streets as well, i think there are a ton of ways to play this hand and am not all that confident that this line was that great.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Another bdk3clash sweat hand

I would cr the river. As for the rest of the hand I play it the same, but what do you do if the turn isnt a 6? I would usually donk this turn if it isnt a 6.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 PM

I think donking the turn is a little too much action. If hes on a draw he will bet it anyways most of the time. What are you gonna do if he raises your donk?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM

There's no value in c/ring the turn. I'd c/c twice.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:25 PM

Checkraising doesnt make you cool.

Here it is bad in both occassions unless of course the 2+2er is a retard who bets every flop (which I doubt).

The turn C/R is horrible, there is no value in it. If he has a lower pair he is folding, if he has a flushdraw he is folding. If he has an overpair(some slowplay preflop) or a 6 you are getting punished.

I check/call the turn and river and hope he has something stupid or a 9.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:31 PM

"
I check/call the turn and river and hope he has something stupid or a 9. "

This is what I was hoping to hear. In the heat of battle it seemed too weak, but upon thinking about the hand more today, this is what I decided was probably best. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt being results oriented.

edit-actually, if we C/C the turn, I think there is definate value in CRing the river when we hit our jack.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:48 AM

Anyone with me on a c/c turn, b/c on the river? It seems that every 9 will pay you off here on the river, and when he has a 6 you lose about the minimum. He could be raising you on the river with air, 9, pocket pair, or a 6 so I'm definitely getting to showdown and this line seems about the right number of bets.
-Tony
Old 04-12-2006, 01:42 AM

I agree that the turn c/r is without value.

The river is alot closer. But getting 3b would suck. Would you call?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:15 AM

bet call river. Reason being is when I'm playing at least everyone hates me and thinks I never have anything. Your personal milage may vary.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet call river. Reason being is when I'm playing at least everyone hates me and thinks I never have anything. Your personal milage may vary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, now i need a new avatar. Welcome back.