Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 06:01 PM

Default Party CS Supervisor hangs up on me (long)

So, I've been trying to get the records from partypoker for my account there for the 2005 year for a while now. After over 10 emails with little progress. I see cinatul's advice in the bot thread in STTF on calling rather than emailing them when you need something, so I give them a call.

After being transferred three times, I get a little of the information I've been looking for but nobody can tell me what my account balance was on Jan 1, 2005 (the last helpful person from payments and processing, tells me that they archive such records every 6 months, so it's been archived but someone (unclear who) can retreive it if requested). Since he transferred me back to generic customer service (I think) who have no idea about an archive or anything like that, I ask to speak to a manager.

The manager gets on and tells me that they can't give me the information over the phone, that I need to request it from technical services by email. I tell him that I've already sent numerous emails. And ask him why they would be able to do it through email but not over the phone with him just answering that they can't. So I ask if there is anyone above him who I could talk to and he just says that he's the supervisor.

I'm pretty annoyed at this point, so I ask him his name, and he says something quickly that I couldn't understand, so I ask him to spell it. He again says something quickly, that I again can't understand (I think the last 4 letters were "nith", fwiw). I ask him to spell it again and HE HANGS UP ON ME!

Partypoker's cs never ceases to amaze me. The other people were actually pretty helpful, the 2nd rep was very helpful, and gave me some of the information I needed. The others didn't really help me much but at least were friendly tried and transferred me to someone who could help. But the frickin' supervisor was pretty much a dick from the start, and got more so as I asked him why he couldn't help me or if I could talk to his boss. I'd expect a lot better from a supervisor of customer support, but I guess I shouldn't since it is party.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Party CS Supervisor hangs up on me (long)

[ QUOTE ]
so I ask him his name, ... so I ask him to spell it. ... I ask him to spell it again

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hang up on you too.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:25 PM

The reason there are some things that can be divulged via e-mail and not on the phone is because it is easy for someone to pretend to be somebody else over the phone. It is harder to have access to that person's e-mail.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so I ask him his name, ... so I ask him to spell it. ... I ask him to spell it again

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd hang up on you too.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a common and reasonable request of a customer service representative.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:36 PM

This would be understandable but:
1. He didn't not tell me that, he just repeated that it was not possible over the phone (and made it sound like a technical problem).
2. Other reps had told me my balance on 12-31-05, since that information hadn't been archived.
3. I'd have no problem if he was going to have them email me the information. But he wasn't, he wanted me to send an email to request the information, which aside from the fact that I'd already tried that many times, is retarded since this is the customer service department, they should send the request for me to make sure it gets done.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be understandable but:
1. He didn't not tell me that, he just repeated that it was not possible over the phone (and made it sound like a technical problem).
2. Other reps had told me my balance on 12-31-05, since that information hadn't been archived.
3. I'd have no problem if he was going to have them email me the information. But he wasn't, he wanted me to send an email to request the information, which aside from the fact that I'd already tried that many times, is retarded since this is the customer service department, they should send the request for me to make sure it gets done.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in...Party Gaming does not spend a lot of money on their Customer Service team. They suck, get used to it.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hang up on you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should send party a resume then, they are looking for ignorant incompetent types
Old 04-11-2006, 07:54 PM

how hard is it to spell Nithowakijbuqlanistampzkixodbui? ..noob
Old 04-11-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I think the last 4 letters were "nith", fwiw).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
how hard is it to spell Nithowakijbuqlanistampzkixodbui? ..noob

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Owakijbuqlanistampzkixodbuinith
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]