Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Can Bottled Water Go Bad?

My question is can bottled water go bad after being opened, then kept with the lid on? I tend to drink only up to a day or two after opening, I find there is a bad taste to the water after that. Anyone know if it can go bad???
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Can Bottled Water Go Bad?

WTF?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:51 PM

saliva, bacteria, etc
Old 04-11-2006, 05:51 PM

yeah, bottled water spoils sometimes so i like to keep it in the freezer after opening it. sometimes i force myself to drink the whole bottle so i dont have to worry about it going bad.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 PM

No bottled water cannot go bad you moron, other than in the sense that water is a medium and mediums can contian bacteria and toxins. So water can go bad like your ass can go bad, like the inside of the sun can go bad, like a Rolex watch can go bad.

It's so sad that some people can't afford to go to junior high. Free secondary education for all!

I realise it may have been funner to mock the OP by leading hom to believe that water can go off, but I can't kick a man when he's already down.

(Funner is now a word, make a note of it.)
Old 04-11-2006, 06:03 PM

? henrik, this is an odd tirade. and it's spelt "moran" if it applies to the OP, which i don't think it does, a lot of people don't realise that opened water can stagnate.

water stagnates when it's been opened. That's why it tastes funny. Drink it within a day or fridge it for a couple.

In theory, bottled water that's never opened can also go bad. That's why they have 'use by' dates on in some places.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No bottled water cannot go bad you moron, other than in the sense that water is a medium and mediums can contian bacteria and toxins. So water can go bad like your ass can go bad, like the inside of the sun can go bad, like a Rolex watch can go bad.

It's so sad that some people can't afford to go to junior high. Free secondary education for all!

I realise it may have been funner to mock the OP by leading hom to believe that water can go off, but I can't kick a man when he's already down.

(Funner is now a word, make a note of it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...water can go bad if you've opened it and drank out of it. Kind of like how food goes bad? It grows bacteria fairly quickly.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:13 PM

I just want to thank OP for posting a question I have always been too afraid to ask.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Metadata

Sometimes, the tirader becomes the tiraded. Such is life in the OOtian Jungle. Next time on NOVA.

I also love that Gamble's WTF could mean: WTF Obviously Not! or WTF Obviously SO! I'll let others explain.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:19 PM

Sam's Club -> Half Liter Bottles -> Large Case for Cheap.

We used to have a Brita pitcher, but this is far more convenient with very little cost increase.

With this size of bottle I almost always finish it in one sitting (sometimes more than one bottle). IMO drinking out of a bottle then resealing it and putting it back in the fridge is kinda gross (unless you poured it into a glass). I wouldn't be surprised if resealed water could go bad, especially after being drank straight out of the bottle.