Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Tell me I\'m losing my mind: $22 Speed BOTS

Okay, well, here goes nothing folks.

Over the past 3 days I've been noticing a string of bot-like play from one player in particular. He is hidden from search so I've had to track him down. But in the meantime, through conversations with multiple people on these forums through PM, I've identified some other possible names. Not only that, but I've observed more names myself while just playing lately.

I've received 2 form letters already from Party and I'm not getting anywhere with their investigation team.

I'd like you folks who are interested to observe these players on your own. I'm not going to post WHY I think these names are bots as to not influence anyone's opinion. Of course, posting here risks that the owner(s) of these bots will catch wind and cash out and/or shut down the accounts (although, I guess then my suspicions will be confirmed). Take note of timing, betting patterns, etc.

So here are the names. I'll post my notes on them later, but for now, observe away.

"thathy" (hidden from search)
"lvstrg"
"hnglos"
"frnchrev"
"ragra"

You may recognize some of these names, as some of them have literally been playing for 24 hours straight.

Note: if I'm in error and I've posted a 2+2ers name, PM me or something.. but I really don't think this will be the case.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Tell me I\'m losing my mind: $22 Speed BOTS

Ive played with thathy alot of times. Seems like a standard pushbotter to me.

You're most likely overanlyzing here. Just because someone is playing alot, unless you literally mean 20+ hours at a time, then they are most likely pushbots. Hell Im sure I look like a bot as I have check/fold/bet on my F1 keys.

edit: I can't type.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive played with thathy alot of times. Seems like a standard pushbotter to me.

You're most likely overanlyzing here. Just because someone is playing alot, unless you literally mean 20+ hours at a time, then are most likely pushbots. Hell Im sure I look like a push bot as I have check/fold/bet on my F1 keys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do me a favor and take a look. I'm not the only one with a very strong suspicion that these are bots.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM

I regularly beat the hell out of frnchrev, so if he's a bot, my thanks to the author
Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I regularly beat the hell out of frnchrev, so if he's a bot, my thanks to the author

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I'm well aware they're beatable. I've spent the past two days playing almost only these guys and sitting to their rights.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:17 PM

Well Im watching ragra, frnchrev, hnglos, and lvstrg. Ive got about 600 hands on all of them. Ive already noticed different timing from two of them, and they are all playing 1 table at a time right now.

I think you are losing your mind.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Im watching ragra, frnchrev, hnglos, and lvstrg. Ive got about 600 hands on all of them. Ive already noticed different timing from two of them, and they are all playing 1 table at a time right now.

I think you are losing your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are all early on, give it time, it will become more obvious as the game continues.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:27 PM

What do you mean by more obvious? Elaborate please. I can't just sit here and wait until they get to a late level again and try to figure out if they are a bot. The odds in my opinion are that they are not. Do the push too quickly or something? I have my card animation off and as soon as it's my turn as MTH guides me to the table, in like a split second, I can be all-in. Would you think Im a bot?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 PM

well from what I have seen so far from some of them:
1. all 1 table
2. never chat
3. take same time to act
4. only push or fold, never play post flop.

these of course don't mean anything, but i find it strange.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by more obvious? Elaborate please. I can't just sit here and wait until they get to a late level again and try to figure out if they are a bot. The odds in my opinion are that they are not. Do the push too quickly or something? I have my card animation off and as soon as it's my turn as MTH guides me to the table, in like a split second, I can be all-in. Would you think Im a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't push too quickly. The timing for EVERY action is exactly the same, 12-15 blips of the arrow. They have very specific betting patterns that will not be difficult to notice.

If you don't want to hang around and watch them, that's fine, but I want an objective opinion so I'm not going to post my notes yet. If you don't have time, no biggie.