Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 01:45 AM

Default 1-10

There is always of course much debating when assessing what number a girl should get. Here are some thoughts and suggestions.

You can really only have two types of scales if we're talking about rating peoples looks in some pseudo-scientific manner (I.E we're looking to accurately gauge attractiveness rather than the 0-2 scale of, no, if i was drunk, yes)

We can have:
A)the percentile version, where it corresponds directly to the population. If someone is a 9 they are better looking than ~90% of the population and worse than ~10.
This is the simplest and least confusing, and i think in most cases be the standard. The problem is this takes away from the uniqueness of a 1 or a 10, and is hardly accurate in the extremes. This is an especially large problem because most of the pictures are of decidedly attractive people, and often we're trying to distinguish between various celebrities and models.

So

B)The Bell curve. In the strictest terms each point would be a standard deviation from the mean (5). This would mean that we could have wide range in the "middle" for most people and therefore as the extremes would contain only the very few, we could meaningfully distinguish at the higher ends. Where before 1 out of 10 girls was a 10, now it'll be more .1 in a hundred. Of course this wouldn't use normal standard deviations but somewhat lesser, so that more than 1% of girls can make it above a 7.5 or below a 2.5 or whatever the hell it works out to mathematically.

Obviously this won't be a strict calc but more of a guidline, so that people know there are many many fewer 10s than 8s and judge accordingly.

I think the second scale is more appropriate for OOT.

Anyway, I still think it's valuable to have some kind of benchmark for real girls as opposed to model and celebs, so I've made one.

Here is a whole bunch of girls, rated by me, in what i think is a roughly accurate way. I used only webshots/facebook/other crap like that and just wandered around finding random people. Therefore these are all candid realistic shots and can be used to compare when somebody post a Rate my hoe thread.

I figure we're gonna disagree on some of these, so people can post other picks that the think exemplify the rank better, or can argue about where a pic i posted should be, but maybe in the end (somebody makes a poll out of likely spots?) we can come to some kind of vague consensus and stick a list of photos next to numbers in a thread somewhere to be used as a guide.

Without further ado, my OOT rankings for real girls:

1:

2:

On the left

3:

On the right

4:

The right

5:

The left

6:

7:

The left

8:

9:

10:

Obviously it was very hard to draw the lines, but i tried for some variety. So there are some controversial ones, but there are girls docked for being too skinny (8), there are fat girls with cute faces (7) and stuff like that so it's not just girls looking more and more similar. Tried to take face and body type into appropriate consideration.

Think it's fair?

Later i'll post some that i left out because i wasn't sure where to put them.

PS. Halfway through i realized instead of doing 2per number i should have done .5s, but [censored] it. It took me like a year to find all the pics anyway, so further revison can be done by someone else.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 1-10

good lord, number 9 is so fine, esp since shes holding a handle of captain
Old 04-10-2006, 01:51 AM

There's like, a 74% chance that you've never had sexums.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Even though I don't completely agree with your rankings this is an excellent post.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:54 AM

meh i've seen what happens when people get in arguement over who's had more sex, or better, or who's dad can beat up who.

I generally like you as a poster, and i'm just gonna pass.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:55 AM

horrible ratings, worst eva!

but the last 2 pics saved your thread
Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 AM

This girl is better than a 3:

I'd give her a solid 5
Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I don't completely agree with your rankings this is an excellent post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Everything in this post has been done before and discussed to death. It brings nothing new to the table and he really should have just done a search and bumped an old thread.

Also his scale is [censored] with clearly better looking girls being behind girls who are clearly much uglier. And on top of that the pictures are so large they [censored] up the thread so I have a scroll bar on the bottom.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh i've seen what happens when people get in arguement over who's had more sex, or better, or who's dad can beat up who.

I generally like you as a poster, and i'm just gonna pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid me and one of my really close friends used to argue non stop about whose dad would win in a fight. Our dads were also best friends, and were planning a fake fight but our moms stopped it because they thought it would freak us out to much or something.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:00 AM

Your #8 sucked. Did you base this on an exponential system or something, cause it went fugly/nasty/ugly/unattractive/HOT