Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Two hands against an aggressive player

Same villain in both hands. He has a very wide raising range preflop - he's raised a lot so far including an open-raise with A5 UTG. Not much of a read postflop yet -- he's been aggressive but has always shown down a big hand so I haven't seen how he plays when he whiffs yet.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

---

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Hand 1 I basically decided to show down and didn't see much value in raising. With the A-high on hand 2 I figured I'm WA/WB and call down.

Thoughts/alternate lines?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Two hands against an aggressive player

Hand 1 I like a lot more than hand 2, mostly because you said this guy plays any ace donktastically.

But I still just can't figure out where I would release hand 2. Maybe the flop, but getting 13.5:1 it seems too weak tight. I'm thinking I'd toss it on the turn though, BB's cold-call and then calling the flop makes me cringe.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Hand 1: I wouldn't have 3-bet with 77....but maybe that's week
Hand 2: I Fold the turn. BB calls an A high flop with the 3-bettor and capper?
I would say that you are more WB than WA
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 AM

I like the way you played both hands.

1st hand, your calling down will help give you more of a read on your opponent. Also your pair may be good, and making your flush on the river might also have been good.

2nd hand, the A on the flop was unfortunate. Nonetheless BB is padding the pot, allowing your almost WA/WB calling down to hopefully be profitable.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:19 PM

I like hand 1 for the same reason I don't like hand 2. You have aleady stated that you is donkalicious w/ any A. So odds are he hit the A in hand 2. I can easily see trying to get to a showdown as cheap as possible here. Then cuss a storm when he shows A4 both times.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:51 PM

I think I may fold the turn in hand #2 because of that 3rd player in there but I might be wrong about that.
Otherwise both hands are perfect.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:08 PM

For the second hand, what do people think of a re-raise flop, and check/fold the turn?

worst case scenario, its 3-bet and you spend the same amount but pay to see a turn, which is OK cos KK isnt particularly looking to make a set. He might just call, and give you a cheaper showdown fearing an ace with better kicker.

good, bad?