Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Oh boy!!, ATo raise

For the record, I do like to raise ATo when appropriate. The question is was this appropriate? Obviously I think so or I wouldn't have.

SB is 50/9/1.4 after 133 hands and likes to get out of line every so often. MP1 is 55/1.8/.8 after 108 hands, predictable and typical for these stats. MP2 is new to me, no read.

All comments, bashes, slander, degrading remarks, rants, whines, etc. are welcome.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Raising this may have been a little out of line with 2 posters behind me, but I was feeling frisky.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP1 calls.

SB could be betting a pair, flush draw, who knows, he's a little unpredictable. MP1 will bet top pair and stronger, but I am willing to get locked up with him.

Turn: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

MP1 likes the turn, but so do I. I was really trying to hoping to remove SB and see the river for free.

River: (16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="green"> SB... </font>

A check, a fold!! Ok. I suck at value betting, but I am all over this one. Can you predict SB's action?

Tear me up, I think it may be necessary in here somewhere.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Oh boy!!, ATo raise

This hand is fine. Not raising pre-flop with all that dead money in the pot would've made baby Jesus cry.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Nah this hand is fine dude. The fact that there are two posters behind you makes me more likely to raise, not less.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:31 PM

PFR ees g00t! Kittens luuuuuuve dead money and buying Buttons. Same w/ flop 3-bet. Top-two on the turn, raise-him-up.

The open-fold on the river just kills me. If you're not sending MP1 Xmas cards round-the-clock, you need to start. I love the value-bet, and I definitely make the crying call when SB raises, based on your read.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:33 PM

preflop goot. I play it the same.
flop I like.
turn goot.
river...hmm, flush draw and a str8 draw just came in...SB's called down since his initial flop bet....it may be weak tight, but I check. I can't see a worse hand calling here and a better hand is gonna raise.

Edit: after reading boz, meh, I'm weak tight.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:42 PM

if SB comes out raising, just call the raise. He might have gone crazy over a straight/flush draw. Looks like he bet the flop on the flush draw, checked/called the turn and bet when the draw hit?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 PM

Pre flop flop and turn all fine. I really don't mind the river bet either. If SB c/r here I make a crying call here. With the reads provided he could easily c/r a scary river hoping to get you off a better hand. I expect to be good here more often then not. On a side not I laughed see MP fold the river after being checked to.

On second thought I may check it through. What is SB hand range to CC 2 BB on the turn. It screams draw to me.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:02 PM

Hand is played perfectly.

Against an unkown checking the river is good. Against SB as you described him betting is good. I think he folded or called holding some utter trash, since his line doesn't make any sense except a weird flush draw.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:04 PM

everything looks perfect to me. Especially the pfr, w/ 2 posters, and a chance at buying the button, this should be an auto raise.

I bet you got raised by sb w/ a small crub frush. I still like the value bet vs this guy. Now if he was an unknown, I think it would be a lot closer.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:14 PM

I think I might peel the flop and wait for a safer turn.

Other than that, looks good.