Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 AM

Default TruePoker ... Way behind other sites

It's been over a year since I made a post entitled TRUEPOKER SUCKS!!!!

In that post I addressed a LOT of things needed to be improved.

Now, more than a year after, I took advantage of their latest reload bonus, and hoped to see many improvements.
Im sad to say that I wasn't positively surprised.

First I would like to say that I love the alternative avatars with the characters and so. It's fun that they can talk and move the arms. But when it has a negative influence on the flow of the pokergame, it's not acceptable.

Here were some of the points I directed last time:

1) You almost can't see the cards on the other end of the table. Especially on the lighter tables. Also the button is difficult to see. That is a HUGE problem as it is important to know how many players are in the hand. NOT IMPROVED!

2)When you rebuy on the NL tables the cursor doesn't stop at the allowed maximum and it moves too fast to hit the max. Other sites have a suggestion for max buyin or other. Hasn't been improved either!

3)When you like to leave - you have to push the button THREE TIMES!!!! 1) push leave....are you sure....2)push yes....you give up table...are you sure....3) push yes again
OK to inform FIRST TIME but then it must be default to let go of the last warning. Irritating when you are 4-tabling and each time have to push it 3 times. NOT IMPROVED EITHER!

4) Betting options have been altered so that you now have options in several intervals. IMPROVED - NICE - TY!!!!

5) When you write support you hear......nothing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I have a friend who did write support 10-20 times and heard.....nothing!!!! MISERABLE!

6) When you want to rebuy during the game because you are lowstacked - you HAVE TO SIT OUT???????? BUT WHY? NOT IMPROVED!

7) The cards are now mandatory in your hands. This is good. Except for the fact that they cover your chipcount so you dont know what you have....NOT IMPROVED!

So - why can't they improve? What is really the reason?
Some possibilities:

1) They dont care
2) They haven't got the money to do it
3) They are not good enough to do the improvements
4) They do not think these are important issues

But aren't these important issues? There must be a reason why the site cant compete with the big sites - TP is almost a ghost town.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........WAY BEHIND OTHER SITES

Just a nit, and meant as constructive criticism. "these" and "compete", both only use one e in the middle of the word and one e on the end. The e on the end implies the hard "e" pronunciation.

Not trying to be an ass, but I see from your location that English may not be your first language, so I thought that you may not know this.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:58 AM

WTF!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2006, 11:40 AM

I think I'd go with the "don't care", mainly because of this e-mail I received from PT:

"TruePoker is not supported because they do not list the seat numbers and the order of the players changes every time so it's impossible to figure out who is sitting in what seat. The seat number is key in Poker Tracker as it is part of what defines a "session". I have asked them numerous times to add this part to their hand histories but I stopped getting any sort of replies many months ago so I just gave up trying to convince them."
Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) You almost cant see the cards in the other end of the table. Especially on the lighter tables. Also the button is difficult to see.

[/ QUOTE ]
See True Home Page: True Poker is the online world's only super-advanced 3-D poker room with audio and image technology that offers the look and feel of a real live poker room.
Design Feature

[ QUOTE ]
3)When you like to leave - you have to push the button THREE TIMES!!!! 1) push leave....are you sure....2)push yes....you give up table...are you sure....3) push yes again

[/ QUOTE ]
True's advanced 3-D poker room simulates the real life experience of trying to leave a struggling cardroom. From their website: More than just hyper-real.
Design feature

[ QUOTE ]
When you write support you hear......nothing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I have a friend who did write support 10-20 times and heared.....nothing!!!! MISERABLE!

[/ QUOTE ]
A personalized non response from a True host is a major improvement to an automated reply from Party Gaming, the market leader.
True ahead of Party.

[ QUOTE ]
6) When you wants to rebuy during the game because you are lowstacked - you HAVE TO SIT OUT???????? BUT WHY?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?
Design Feature.

[ QUOTE ]
7) The cards are now mandatory in your hands. This is good. Except for the fact that they cover your chipcount so you dont know what you have

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes the game more exciting. From True's website: it's live poker action and pure excitement.
Feature.. not bug.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:02 PM

With all due respect to the PT "source", we never received that "request". I don't know to whom it went, but neither I nor any development or marketing person received these contacts ...

The relative order of players, with respect to the dealer/button never changes. I am a bit surprised to hear that THAT has been the apparent issue all along.

I always thought it was that we were not big enough to bother with, which is what I was told in effect.

I'll be happy to contact whoever at PT wrote that email blurb and explain that the "relative position" is and that it remains fixed. Feel free to pass this interest along to your correspondent.

We would be glad to work with them to get something workable that is a simple application, although I have been told that the present hand histories can be parsed and used as is.

David
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM

You should try contacting p-tracker again.

I'm very surprised that they would say your site is not big enough.

Seems you are close to the size of other sites that are already working with p-tracker.

Tribeca, prima, B2B, fulltilt all might be bigger than True I'm guessing but I don't think these sites are exactly bursting at the seems with all their ring-games going on.
I don't even play at 3 out of those 4 so I'm really just guessing here.

I think Pat listens to requests from 2+2'ers on what sites they would like to see p-tracker work with.
And we've already established that there are at least a handful of 2+2'ers who would like to see this.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER......... Where too many players play for \"fun\",

Before getting to your more substantive points:

"First I would like to say that I love the alternative avatars with the characters and so. Its fun that they can talk and move the arms. But when it has a negative influence on the flow of the pokergame, its not acceptable.'

I cannot figure out how this action, which is in no way tied to the game logic, has any effect whatsoever on the flow pf the poker game .... except that players may be having "fun" as you put it by using the chat functions and audio comments. That is something that the players do for "fun", which you might consider is a good person to play against .... someone who is having a good time.

Substantive issues:

1. "Also the button is difficult to see. That is a HUGE problem as it is important to know how many players is in the hand. NOT IMPROVED!'

I'll take issue with this one. We added a feature to the screen, each active player in a hand has his name and chip count info in bright yellow. It is pretty easy to tell who is active, a large improvement over a year ago.

2. "When you rebuy on the NL tables the cursor dosent stop at the allowed maximum and it moves too fast to hit the max. Other sites have a suggestion for max buyin or other. Hasnt been improved either!'

We must have missed this suggestion. We can fix it by making the max rebuy amount the default. I'll talk to the developers. (We certainly encourage players who do a lot of max rebuying in NL to give us their business ... as other players appreciate their presence. We might even consider a special promo for such players.)

3)When you like to leave - you have to push the button THREE TIMES!!!! .... NOT IMPROVED EITHER!"

I will check with Support, but I am pretty sure that other sites ask you if you are sure if you stand up, so that you do not lose your seat accidentally. I think we can look at changing this to an auto-close of the room if you say you are sure, eliminating one step.

We did add seat changing functionality by the way.

3. When you write support you hear......nothing I have a friend who did write support 10-20 times and heared.....nothing!!!! MISERABLE

This sounds a bit apochryphal to me, but we do require Support to answer emails. ANYONE who has an email ignored is encouraged to copy me at management@truepoker.com. I do NOT want to do Support's job and will gladly replace any support person who is ignoring emails.
We also offer live 24/7 Host support right in the client, so many matters can be handled short of any email or leaving the tables.

4) When you wants to rebuy during the game because you are lowstacked - you HAVE TO SIT OUT???????? BUT WHY? NOT IMPROVED!'

You have a point on this one, I think it is a shortcoming and is on a list to address. It is possible to rebuy or add on without sitting out the next hand, but the opportunity is way too fleeting if you are in action, then want to rebuy.

"almost a Ghost town"

This is the only business I know of where your business can grow 25% in three months and you are almost a ghost town. We have never fudged our player numbers or, employed what has been euphemistically called an "automated prop player program".

We have had fewer players in our $1-2 limit games, after we opened up micro-limits, but our overall business has grown since last fall.

We are adding skins to our network since December, something we had not previously marketed publicly. This seems the best way to add players, especially in new markets as we launch there. We have seen a fair amount of interest from both existing skins from other networks and entrepeneurs new to poker. Those efforts are ongoing, if you will be at the Affiliates Conference this weekend in Amsterdam, please see me there. Also, we are exhibiting, as Yatahay, Ltd., at the IG Conference in Costa Rica next week.

David
Old 04-06-2006, 01:46 PM

I agree. I would like Mike to pass that along to whomever he corresponds with that said we were ignoring them.

I'll try and reach Pat myself.

David
Old 04-06-2006, 01:49 PM

"True's advanced 3-D poker room simulates the real life experience of trying to leave a struggling cardroom. "

Good line. Seriously, we at least don't hit you with a pop-up AFTER you leave, touting our referral program.