Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 02:12 AM

Default very interesting extra info agaisnt interesting player

ok so i play almost all onlien 10 max. but last night i go to a freinds house who does incredibly well at poker and a few others liek myself come over and also greg mueller who just won 4th in WPT and is a well known ranked player.. anyway its my small blind and action is to him on the button and he raises to i think 7 with blinds at 1-2. i re raise with JJ to 21. he calls. flop 29Q rainbow. i bet out maybe 2/3 pot and he calls. king on turn i chek and he cheks river 9 i chek and he immediatly fires out a big bet i think it was 60 or 80 or somthing. now i obviously insta fold accept that i catch a glimpse of one of his cards and its three of spades. ive never played him before but i know he is a good player. i mean he did just final table WPT so i figure heis second card has to at least be a little coordinated so now i think its just a bluff because hes bored and its incredbily low limmit for him. so i call and he has Q3 suited lol OOPS. does anyone else make this call once you see his card. also any edicate i should know abotu seeing a hole card in live play
Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 AM

Default Re: very interesting extra info agaisnt interesting player

if youre gonna post drunk, at least make it funny
Old 04-06-2006, 02:24 AM

Stack sizes, definate bet sizes, and a better layout on the description would make it easier. The best question at hand is would he float the flop after you RR-OOP-PF.

Pretty sick value bet by him on the end IMO. I think you should fire turn it would make it pretty hard for him to continue. Again, I don't know stack sizes so it might not be the best play.

Very interesting that you see the 3 though, I guess it has nothing to do with ettiqite(since we both can't spell) because you didn't intentionally look at it. Did he flip it, did it accidentaly flip, or did he just lift his cards and you saw it while no one else probably did.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so i play almost all onlien 10 max. but last night i go to a freinds house who does incredibly well at poker and a few others liek myself come over and also greg mueller who just won 4th in WPT and is a well known ranked player.. anyway its my small blind and action is to him on the button and he raises to i think 7 with blinds at 1-2. i re raise with JJ to 21. he calls. flop 29Q rainbow. i bet out maybe 2/3 pot and he calls. king on turn i chek and he cheks river 9 i chek and he immediatly fires out a big bet i think it was 60 or 80 or somthing. now i obviously insta fold accept that i catch a glimpse of one of his cards and its three of spades. ive never played him before but i know he is a good player. i mean he did just final table WPT so i figure heis second card has to at least be a little coordinated so now i think its just a bluff because hes bored and its incredbily low limmit for him. so i call and he has Q3 suited lol OOPS. does anyone else make this call once you see his card. also any edicate i should know abotu seeing a hole card in live play

[/ QUOTE ]

You have problems typing.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 AM

im a horrible speller and i type very fast and do not spell chek i assume anyoen with the brains to read thru my mistakes will be the only ones i was a response from anyway. he lifted his cards slightly and i caught a glimpse he definatly didnt know i saw. stack sizes i probably had about 300 and he like anywere from 500-1000 it was a pretty out of hand game we were just kind of haning out bumping up the blinds and everytime some rebought it was double theyre last rebuy not very structured at all. at one point i found myself with 120$ with blinds a 1-2 still with average stack (excluding me, for nit pickers.) was about 500$ at least. anyway back to the hand he has also been playign incredibly agressivley and really dosent seem to be taking the game very seriously . neither am i but this hand was interesting to me. later in the game he pushed me all in for 150 with 10 5 after i re raised his straddle to give you an idea of how loose some of the action has been
Old 04-06-2006, 04:10 AM

if you saw his 3, why not raise all in? he can't call with any hand that contains a 3.

otherwise, this hand has no merit since it's clear he doesn't care about the stakes.