Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 AM

Default marginal pf then flop peel

are these ok? first hand at the table so no gametime+ or reads yet

I'm on the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)

Preflop:
utg limps, MP1 opens for a raise, is cold-called by Mp2 and SB, I cal,l utg calls. Are ppl ok with this getting basically 1:8 ?

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Three of us check to MP1 who bets,MP2 calls, SB calls, I call...

Whether you agree or disagree, what are people estimating equity or effective outs to be on this flop?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: marginal pf then flop peel

preflop is fine as long as you tread carefully. You probably have in the neighborhood of 2-5 outs (close, but still a peel IMO). You are also ahead some small percentage of the time.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:53 AM

check fold turn ui and you look fine.
-Anqew
Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check fold turn ui and you look fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's the key and that's why these hands are so difficult to play. I know I have difficulty folding this, which is why I don't play it (I would certainly play KTs, but then have the same difficulty playing post flop if my fd doesn't come in, but I hit a K). You can win some pots with your weak K, but when you are dominated you lose big, and I just am not good enough reading my opponents to keep from losing in this situation, so I find it better to fold pf. Maybe you will have more success, but I think this is marginal unless you are very good or very disciplined
Old 04-06-2006, 09:20 AM

mterry:

I think this is a fold preflop. Yeah, I know your are getting a likely 9:1 on your call, but KTo is pretty crappy in this spot, imo. But, I know playing loosely from the blinds is often advocated here...

I think you can peel on the flop getting 13:1 almost closing the action with the rainbow board.

--Rico
Old 04-06-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold preflop. Yeah, I know your are getting a likely 9:1 on your call, but KTo is pretty crappy in this spot, imo. But, I know playing loosely from the blinds is often advocated here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. Way to tight.