Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Non Contributed Rakeback

From what I have seen this has a very bad impact on the quality of games at the sites that have it.

Does non contributed rakeback ruin games?
Old 04-06-2006, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Non Contributed Rakeback

why would it ruin games? i am assuming you mean getting paid rake share on every hand you are dealt cards is non contributed rake. it is the way party has calculated for years.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Rakeback is intended as a rebate to you the player. You can not and should not, rely on that to make money. Entering pots when you feel you have an advantage not for rake reasons is when you play your cards. You do have to pay the blinds so its not as easy as you think.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:41 PM

OK, maybe ruin is a bit strong. But at sites where you can get it, most of the full games are veritable rock gardens.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, maybe ruin is a bit strong. But at any site whetther or not you can get it, most of the full games are veritable rock gardens.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

All the full ring games online, particularly limit are becoming much tighter. This is because all the loose players moved to Short handed.

BTW w/o doing the math, I'd wager that only in the closest of close decisions does whether you have contributed or non-contributed rake come into your decision.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:47 AM

I had someone do some calculations on that, and his opinion was similar to yours. ie, rakeback should not affect your play very often. In split pot games it is very nice playing rake free, since there are many "freerolling" situations that aren't really "free" if you pay rake.

However, generally it isn't right to put money into the pot if you are only getting 20%-40% of 5% of it back!

One valid consideration: ultra tight players end up paying very little in actual rake money out of their pots, but if they get back a share of money from other people's pots (the way party, ub, cdpoker, interpoker and a few other sites calculate)it can be quite profitable.

For example: if you pay $7 in blinds in a $5/$10 game and the pot is max rake on about half the pots, so your rake return even at 100% is about the value of a small blind.

p.s. Shaka zulu was an incredibly interesting mini-series.is that where you got your name?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 AM

I think your figures are wrong, let us figure you get 30 percent rb from each hand. In a 5/10 limit game ill say each pot is raked for the max 3.00. 3.00 divided by 6 players is .50 times your rb let's say is 30 percent is .15 cents to you per each hand dealt. You have paid 7 dollars in blinds thru 6 hands..6 max..and have gotten back .90 cents. that is not even half the amount of the small blind. That assumes each pot is raked the max 3.00 which will not be the case each time.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:04 AM

sorry, i was considering the 100% rake back scenario.

but the point is that rake back should rarely affect play, and less than 100% surely shouldn't
Old 04-07-2006, 06:55 AM

agreed. I used to push my hands for bonus and rb it games past my abaility and lost alot.