Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 05:37 AM

Default WSEX Warning

I think I need to make this post as a warning. I do not know if WSEX is rigged. There have been many reports in the past of them using bots. I ran worse than I ever have in my life on there just now. Some of the players were absolutely terrible with very exploitable tendancies. It seemed to me as if they couldn't learn. I noticed two players who played exactly the same in a shorthanded situation. EVERY TIME, without fail, they would open in the SB and bet the flop and turn. EVERY TIME. I started just calling until the turn and raising with any pair, and they did not adjust. I did this for a few hours and it should've been clear to a monkey that I am always waiting until the turn to raise, but they kept betting.

Here is the fun part. In a lot of these hands, I would flop a decent hand, TP or better. I wait until the turn to raise and I get 3-bet. Nearly always, it's a weak hand such as a draw or bottom pair or gutshot. Nearly always these draws came in and my strong hands got busted.

It's very possible I was merely running bad and playing against brain-dead morons, but I thought other people should know and share if they experience the same. I very much want rakefree poker to become a reality, but it won't be at this site. I won't be playing there again.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:40 AM

Default Re: WSEX Warning

I ran hot and won nearly 100BBs today. edited to add:

I thought the play was pretty bad, and didn't seem too bottish to me.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:41 AM

As i said in the other thread this was my experience as well. Three betting gutshots on the turn and hitting consistently. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet though.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:46 AM

I agree with some of these observations about heavy betting with weak draws that would hit, and I also observed some of the oddly consistent limp-reraising described in the other thread.

What was most suspicious to me as I played three handed with two other LAGy players is that they wouldn't respond to chat. It got to the point where I just unleashed a torrent of insults to both players out of curiosity and I heard nothing. Is it possible that their chat was turned off? Yes. But it made me suspicious that two LAGs, players that typically like to talk trash, had zero response.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:48 AM

FWIW I keep chat on and pretty much never notice chat, even when it's going on. I drop the occasional "nh" and that's it.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:51 AM

I wanted to go to bed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2006, 05:59 AM

donno, I'm seeing the exact same thing. Constant big hands with only 3 or 4 players in the games was most noticable.

But....I was convinced for years that paradise was rigged...I was convinced the party software had a flaw with hands when I had both a straight and flush draw (It should hit all the time by the river, mine NEVER did). I have since hit my normal share of draws, and know people that did well at paradise.

anymore I am very sceptical of my own feelings that something is wrong. I do feel that way about the 1000 hands or so I played, but I have no faith that the feeling means anything.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 AM

I'm pretty sure PS is rigged that I will never win Ax vs. middle cards with my life on the line. It's been like this all year. I've won maybe 10%. For about a month and a half I had a streak where my AX lost to Ax about 75% of the time. Then it magically ended one day.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:04 AM

This thread is important.And we should share our experiences
at this crucial time for serious on-line poker players.This site could very well undo the damage Boyde inflicted on us all; trust going out of the window as soon as anyone mentioned rake-free poker.
Anyway my experience so far has been good,apart from the fact that I cannot log in for the past half hour.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway my experience so far has been good,apart from the fact that I cannot log in for the past half hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same thing. Talked to supprt (which was friendly and pretty helpful) and it is fixed now.