Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Line Check-20/40 AK

Both Villians are 25/10 ish, and have shown the ability to lay down for one bet before. My images is nittish, as i've been card dead nearly all day.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: lil feller is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, lil feller calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, lil feller calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
lil feller checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">lil feller raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
lil feller checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>,lil feller...?

comments on all streets appreciated,

lf
Old 04-04-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Line Check-20/40 AK

Flop check-raise for value + the OOP free card attempt. Part B didn't work this time but that's no big deal.
Call the turn. Pray for a spade.

edit: I suppose if one of them has big pair you're probably not getting a free card, but they're not folding and you're more likely to get away from the turn for 1 bet by checking.

edit: 3-betting the turn would look strange and you're still going to be called down by KK often.

edit: On the turn you're going to win 13.5 bets + 1 on the river for a total of 14.5BB. Also the 3 non-spade queens + 2 non-spade kings + 3 non-spade aces might be good but doesn't sway the decision to a value raise IMO.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:33 PM

Can't fold and can't raise. So I'd just call. Go nuts if a good spade hits. If a Q hits, I'd probably check/call for 1 bet, fold to 2.

Actually, there could be an argument for folding, as 3 of the spades put 4 to a straight-flush out there.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't fold and can't raise. So I'd just call. Go nuts if a good spade hits. If a Q hits, I'd probably check/call for 1 bet, fold to 2.

Actually, there could be an argument for folding, as 3 of the spades put 4 to a straight-flush out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, if a Q hits hero must call. The only flush villains can really have is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is impossible. In additon, this pot is pretty big. Easy call if Q hits.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:38 PM

I cap preflop, but I think you can go either way on that.

I call the turn, I don't think a 3 bet is either for value or gains us any folding equity.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cap preflop, but I think you can go either way on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it could be useful to know whether UTG+1 will cap. In situations where knowing that is not useful, cap is fine.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:19 PM

Part of the reason I would c/r the flop is to make it more likely that I get through the turn for 1 bet.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:32 PM

it is close. for calling you are getting the correct odds -- if it won't be raised behind you (your read). if it is raised then your call has a neg ev. if one opponent has an overpair and the other has a set, and since it could be raised behind you, it is probably a fold. i am likely not good enough to fold, and i likely call. but looking at the math i think it is a fold (only by a little).

i think the flop raise gains too little. if you had position then i would like it, you have the option of a free card. if you had more opponents then i also like it because if you get more then 2 callers you gain (odds of making your hand vs number of additional bets). but here it does neither.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 AM

If neither of your opponents have a flush then calling is always right no matter what the turn action is going to be, given your extra 3 queen outs.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:38 AM

call.

lead the river if a Q or spade falls.