Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 08:34 PM

Default KQs - CO

MP1- 8/6/1.33 over 167
UTG - 32/0/0.35 over 37

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="green"> Preflop cold call is borderline, but I felt I was good seeing a flop. </font>

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="green"> Obviously if villian PFR with AK I'm dominated here. Should this have been a fold, or are we good to call for one SB? </font>

Turn: (6.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ...

<font color="green"> Woot, top two pair, but it is bet and raised in front of me and 3rd heart. I was planning on raising a bet from MP1, I didn't count on the donk bet from UTG. </font>

Maybe this isn't as interesting as a hand as I thought it was at the time. However I also didn't notice the 3rd Heart at the time either, just the bet and raise in front of me.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Re: KQs - CO

Fold:

1. Preflop -- It's not borderline.
2. Turn.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:42 PM

I would like to consider 9.5 bets to be a big pot that you should want to protect. Despite the chance of being dominated here I think you need to raise the flop. I think with a 6% PFR stat there's a decent enough chance you're ahead and you don't want those flush draws drawing cheaply.

Getting 4.6:1 on the turn with a max of 4 outs this is a fold. That Qh fills in a number of draws and I think you can let your hand go.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:43 PM

I would raise the flop
I have no idea about the turn, I probably fold.

Also I would usually want a few more limpers before the raiser to cold call with KQs preflop.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold:

[/ QUOTE ]

While trying to avoid a foolish PF discussion I just want to point out that SSH says to play KQs in tight games (even from EP) against a raise, and that chart still leaves a player with a pretty low VPIP.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:50 PM

This is tough.

I like the preflop call. I'd be more excited if there were a few more callers to provide overlay for our straight/flush draw potential, but it's fine. I'm certainly not going to iso 3-bet an 8/6, nor am i folding KQs (KQo could probably go here).

Villain's preflop range is probably something like AA/KK/QQ/AK, so this K-high flop doesn't actually help you that much.

AA = 6 combos, 5.5 outs
AK = 8 combos, 5.5 outs
KK = 1 combo, 0.5 outs

QQ = 3 combos, and we're ahead, but does a rock bet QQ here?

If we're behind, we're drawing to an average of ~5 outs. We're not ahead enough to raise, and our other opponents probably don't have hands we need to worry about getting them to fold. We're getting 9:1, so let's call and see what happens.

On the turn, we're getting 9:2 right now, but UTG is looking pretty passive and he donked the turn, and our rock raised, so i don't think 2 pair is any good. We don't have odds to draw to our 4-outer, especially since it could get reraised behind us. Even if we are best now, we have to dodge quite a few cards on the river ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s, As, Js, Ts, 4s).

I'm not sure i'm cool enough to make this fold at the table, but i don't see what else we can do.

Nice post, dude. And i'm working on your comments/questions from the last session review [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold:

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate? Despite his stats, I felt I was better than MP1 in post flop play. My call was looking for Straight or flush draw potentials, I knew pairing a K was going to be a very tricky spot for me. I had every intention of folding the turn UI.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain's preflop range is probably something like AA/KK/QQ/AK, so this K-high flop doesn't actually help you that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt a 6.6 also raise JJ/AQ preflop?

is this flop a definite call?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt a 6.6 also raise JJ/AQ preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but he probably doesn't bet those on the flop (especially AQ).